Breaking News - Major Terrorist Attack In Oslo, Norway

Started by mongers, July 22, 2011, 09:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Did they ever catch the Malmo guy?
Could well be the same dude.

What happened to the tall blonde guy anyway? Did they take him down or he ran out of ammo and ran off or what?
██████
██████
██████

Slargos

Quote from: Pat on July 22, 2011, 03:00:30 PM
Could be a convertite or whatever but my money is still on far-right extremists and that it happened during peak holiday season when most people are out of town to minimize "civilian" casualties and maximize evil politician, bureaucrat and media casualties who are running stuff that goes on at all times.

Scandinavian far-right movements are armed and dangerous and they have killed before (see for example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bj%C3%B6rn_S%C3%B6derberg).

edit: but most likely it's a lone lunatic of course

Nigger please. You can't seriously compared that case to this. You are insane.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on July 22, 2011, 03:10:03 PM

That's like saying soldiers shouldn't be armed because enemies may capture their weapons.  While what you assert is a possible outcome, it's not the only possible outcome; and in any event, the ability to acquire a subsequent firearm does not necessarily make an attacker already armed with a firearm appreciably more dangerous, and I'd imagine that a group that has come under attack by a man with a gun is likelier to survive if they also have guns themselves.

On the other hand, you were probably just making a little joke and I am: a humorous dick. -_-

Prison guards are often not armed with deadly weapons for this very reason.  Nobody wants the prisoners to get a hold of firearms.  And yes, certain weapons have been kept out of the hands of soldiers out of fear they might be captured.  Case and point:  US proximity fuses for artillery shells during the Battle of the Bulge.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 22, 2011, 03:18:03 PM
BBC says the bombers/shooter were "foreign".

Hmmm.  Slargos could be a suspect then.  We'd better email his posts to the Norwegian authorities, just to be safe.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Slargos

Quote from: Jacob on July 22, 2011, 02:55:27 PM
Quote from: Slargos on July 22, 2011, 02:36:56 PM
[ :tinfoil: ] A committed social democratic madman decides to take one for the team. He detonates a bomb knowing that FRP would eventually attempt to capitalize on it on their anti-islamic platform. He proceeds to murder a few dozen Red youth and later claims he did it in the name of Vigrid, the Norwad nazis. FRP takes a huge hit in the polls, and AP gets a massive sympathy vote. From an almost certain Blue victory in the coming elections to a guaranteed continued Red supremacy with the stroke of a detonator and a bunch of dead kids. [/  :tinfoil: ]

Really?

Do you have any non- :tinfoil: theories?

Not really, other than what you could come up with yourself.

McVeigh seems a possibility given that he's been described as "nordic looking" but frankly it would be stupid to theorize based on his appearance. We live in a world where whites can be muslims, and the darkest jigger-boo can be a staunch loyalist.

Islamic terrorism would make the most sense, but we obviously won't know for a while yet.

It would be my guess, however, that if it is indeed a home-grown terrorist (which would be nothing short of spectacular, I can't recall anything of this scale happening in Scandinavia the last hundred years or so, excepting the odd political murder here and there) we will know very soon. Media will certainly report it in a tone that will make it obvious they are all having collective multiple-orgasms while writing it.

For some, I believe the political ramifications of a nazi act of terrorism would be more than worth the price of a few lives.

Slargos

Quote from: Tyr on July 22, 2011, 03:18:16 PM

What happened to the tall blonde guy anyway? Did they take him down or he ran out of ammo and ran off or what?

Yep. No. No information.

Slargos

Quote from: Razgovory on July 22, 2011, 03:23:31 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 22, 2011, 03:18:03 PM
BBC says the bombers/shooter were "foreign".

Hmmm.  Slargos could be a suspect then.  We'd better email his posts to the Norwegian authorities, just to be safe.

Please do, you little spitwad. Lord knows that if I ever got the chance to terror bomb your basement and get away with it, I wouldn't hesitate for a second.

Jacob

Slargos

Pat

Quote from: Slargos on July 22, 2011, 03:19:14 PM
Could be a convertite or whatever but my money is still on far-right extremists and that it happened during peak holiday season when most people are out of town to minimize "civilian" casualties and maximize evil politician, bureaucrat and media casualties who are running stuff that goes on at all times.

Scandinavian far-right movements are armed and dangerous and they have killed before (see for example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bj%C3%B6rn_S%C3%B6derberg).

Yeah and your theory was what? Social democrats shooting themselves to get sympathy? :facepalm:

I'm not, I'm just saying they have killed before. We've also had several serial shootings of immigrants from lone loonies and - as I said - something similar is probably more likely. But we'll see soon.

Slargos

Quote from: Pat on July 22, 2011, 03:30:21 PM

Yeah and your theory was what? Social democrats shooting themselves to get sympathy? :facepalm:

I'm not, I'm just saying they have killed before. We've also had several serial shootings of immigrants from lone loonies and - as I said - something similar is probably more likely. But we'll see soon.

:lol:

You ARE a stupid mother fucker, aren't you?

Jacob

Quote from: Slargos on July 22, 2011, 03:30:00 PM:lol:

The worst shock is over.

Now, fuck you, too.

Obviously it must have been a profound shock for you to discover that the only captured suspect is a white guy. Luckily, you're resilient enough that you've quickly bounced back and been able to formulate reasoning as to why it's still Muslims and lefties who are the bad guys here.

Norgy

From Aftenposten:

QuotePolitiet kjenner den pågrepne mannens identitet, men vil ikke oppgi flere detaljer rundt pågripelsen.

De har mistanke om at dette ikke er internasjonal terrorisme, men en lokal variant rettet mot det bestående politiske systemet, ifølge NTB. Politiet skal være kjent med miljøet mannen er knyttet til.

Major downer, Slargos.

Pat

Quote from: Tyr on July 22, 2011, 03:18:16 PM

They caught him.

QuoteWhat happened to the tall blonde guy anyway? Did they take him down or he ran out of ammo and ran off or what?

Haven't said how they caught him.

Quote from: Slargos on July 22, 2011, 03:31:19 PM
Quote from: Pat on July 22, 2011, 03:30:21 PM

:lol:

You ARE a stupid mother fucker, aren't you?

And you seem considerably less upset now, don't you?