And we're back!

Main Menu

Timmays to take over by 2019

Started by Martinus, April 10, 2011, 02:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

QuoteNumbers of Children of Whites Falling Fast
By SABRINA TAVERNISE

WASHINGTON — America's population of white children, a majority now, will be in the minority during this decade, sooner than previously expected, according to a new report.

The Census Bureau had originally forecast that 2023 would be the tipping point for the minority population under the age of 18. But rapid growth among Latinos, Asians and people of more than one race has pushed it earlier, to 2019, according to William Frey, the senior demographer at the Brookings Institution who wrote the report about the shift, which has far-reaching political and policy implications.

The single largest increase was among Hispanics, whose birthrates are far above those of non-Hispanic whites, largely because the white population is aging and proportionally has fewer women in their child-bearing years. The median age of whites is 41, compared with 27 for Hispanics, the report said.

As a result, America's future will include a far more diverse young population, and a largely white older generation. The contrast raises important policy questions. Will the older generation pay for educating a younger generation that looks less like itself? And while the young population is a potential engine of growth for the economy, will it be a burden if it does not have access to adequate education? 

The population of white children fell by 4.3 million, or about 10 percent, in the last decade, while the population of Hispanic and Asian children grew by 5.5 million, or about 38 percent, according to the report, which was based on 2010 Census numbers.

The number of African-American children also fell, down by 2 percent. Over all, minorities now make up 46.5 percent of the under-18 population.

Whites are now the minority of child populations in 10 states, double the number from the previous decade, according to the report, and in 35 cities, including Atlanta, Phoenix and Orlando, Fla. Vermont had the largest drop in its child population of any state.

The changes also have political implications. Though whites are still 63 percent of the population as a whole, that is down from 75.6 percent in 1990, and minorities, particularly Hispanics, who now outnumber blacks, are becoming an increasingly important part of the electorate.

Mr. Frey estimates that whites will slip into the minority by about 2041.  The number of whites grew by just 1.2 percent in the population as a whole in the last decade, a fraction of the 43 percent growth among Latinos.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/06/us/06census.html

Slargos

Martinus

What I find a bit silly is how they calculate white race people - i.e. it excludes people who have "more than one race". In that case, it's only natural that white race people will become extinct sooner or later.

jimmy olsen

The term Hispanic sucks ass.

I think it lumps together everyone from south of the border as a generic them. People from Central and South America deserve to be categorized according to their individual country of origin and racial/ethnic background just like people from Europe. An Argentinian of Italian descent, a Guatemalan of Mayan descent and a Dominican of African descent are different people and their degree of assimilation into the United States will be different all other things being equal. That's why I find this minority/majority thing absurd, it is predicated on counting Hispanic whites as being forever outside the ''white mainstream", whatever the hell that means. The history of this country indicates the opposite will happen, just as Italian and Southeastern Europeans who were denigrated as being the swarthy other at the turn of the 20th century, Hispanics of white and later on white/native mixture will eventually be absorbed and accepted into the mainstream, while unfortunately those who are black Hispanics won't be. Hopefully that prejudice will be die sooner rather than later, but that day isn't here yet.

Similarly, Asians shouldn't be lumped together in one group. Japanese, Koreans, etc are not the same.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Slargos

Quote from: Martinus on April 10, 2011, 02:32:09 AM
What I find a bit silly is how they calculate white race people - i.e. it excludes people who have "more than one race". In that case, it's only natural that white race people will become extinct sooner or later.

Only if you continue to allow this genocide to take place by electing the same kind of self-hating politicians.  :hmm:

Martinus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 10, 2011, 02:35:36 AM
The term Hispanic sucks ass.

I think it lumps together everyone from south of the border as a generic them. People from Central and South America deserve to be categorized according to their individual country of origin and racial/ethnic background just like people from Europe. An Argentinian of Italian descent, a Guatemalan of Mayan descent and a Dominican of African descent are different people and their degree of assimilation into the United States will be different all other things being equal. That's why I find this minority/majority thing absurd, it is predicated on counting Hispanic whites as being forever outside the ''white mainstream", whatever the hell that means. The history of this country indicates the opposite will happen, just as Italian and Southeastern Europeans who were denigrated as being the swarthy other at the turn of the 20th century, Hispanics of white and later on white/native mixture will eventually be absorbed and accepted into the mainstream, while unfortunately those who are black Hispanics won't be. Hopefully that prejudice will be die sooner rather than later, but that day isn't here yet.

Similarly, Asians shouldn't be lumped together in one group. Japanese, Koreans, etc are not the same.

Would you say that grouping Chinese and Koreans, or Mexicans and Guatemalans together makes less sense than grouping all Europeans together? An honest question.

Martinus

In any case, I'm kinda surprised that for all the "melting pot" analogies going on for decades if not centuries in the US, people of white race (with no mixture of non-"white" genes) still constitute majority of the country's population. It's not as much melting pot, as Ceasar's salad.

Norgy

I need to have a son soon, so that he can enjoy some mixed-race poontang.  :)

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on April 10, 2011, 04:03:11 AM
In any case, I'm kinda surprised that for all the "melting pot" analogies going on for decades if not centuries in the US, people of white race (with no mixture of non-"white" genes) still constitute majority of the country's population. It's not as much melting pot, as Ceasar's salad.
That phrase was coined back when the melting pot was thought to consist of Italians, Irish, Germans, etc. mixing together... i.e. different varieties of 'white'.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Anyway, IMO this demographic shift is fine with me.  We stole this continent from the Mesoamericans so it's fine (and poetic justice) that they will eventually be taking it back. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Slargos

Quote from: Caliga on April 10, 2011, 05:40:41 AM
Anyway, IMO this demographic shift is fine with me.  We stole this continent from the Mesoamericans so it's fine (and poetic justice) that they will eventually be taking it back. :cool:

They weren't doing anything useful with it.  :hmm:

Neil

Quote from: Caliga on April 10, 2011, 05:40:41 AM
Your lack of concern for the fate of the planet is disturbing.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Disgusting. Overrun with nerds and animetards.  :(

Time to leave the republic.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 10, 2011, 09:06:37 AM

:lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on April 10, 2011, 09:10:33 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 10, 2011, 09:06:37 AM

:lol:

Actually, I'm not really kidding that much. I'm really beginning to loathe my fellow Americans.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive