Main Menu

Timmays to take over by 2019

Started by Martinus, April 10, 2011, 02:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Slargos on April 10, 2011, 07:38:37 PM
Quote from: grumbler on April 10, 2011, 04:08:29 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on April 10, 2011, 02:43:44 PM
I've always just assumed that like the Kilrathi, the difference in human "races" is like the difference between lions, tigers, leapords, and cheetahs.

All big cats are equal!  :P
The diferences in human "races" are not nearly as distinct as those of the subspecies you mention.  One can look at cheetah DNA and tell it is from a cheetah.  One cannot look at human DNA and say it is from a "Hispanic."

http://knol.google.com/k/can-dna-tell-what-race-you-are#

:hmm:

One-drop rule.  :homestar:

Did you read your link? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on April 10, 2011, 08:18:17 PM
Ethnic Alberta remains forever white, with only a salting of the other races.  Moreover, because we are far from the homelands of the lower races, and those peoples tend to settle in the three larger cities, my homeland has only the highest class of immigrant, as opposed to your darkie-infested hellhole.

Once Quebec splits from the federal government, you guys can petition for US statehood.  It'll be scads of fun!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: PDH on April 10, 2011, 08:22:05 PM

http://knol.google.com/k/can-dna-tell-what-race-you-are#

:hmm:

What color were people 100,000 years ago?
Homo sapiens sapiens were black. Homo sapiens neanderthalensis were white. :nerd:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 10, 2011, 08:37:34 PM

Homo sapiens sapiens were black. Homo sapiens neanderthalensis were white. :nerd:

Really?  And how do you figure that?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on April 10, 2011, 09:36:06 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 10, 2011, 08:37:34 PM

Really?  And how do you figure that?
Homo sapiens sapiens hadn't left Africa yet, so they had to have been black to deal with the UV radiation. Homo sapiens neanderthalensis lived in Eurasia and genetic tests have shown that some of them had red hair. How many red headed black guys do you know?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 10, 2011, 09:40:35 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens hadn't left Africa yet, so they had to have been black to deal with the UV radiation. Homo sapiens neanderthalensis lived in Eurasia and genetic tests have shown that some of them had red hair. How many red headed black guys do you know?

And you teach. :bleeding:

Neil

Homo sapiens sapiens hadn't left Africa yet, so they had to have been black to deal with the UV radiation.
Why would Africa be exposed to more UV radiation?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 10, 2011, 09:41:58 PM
Not many minds can grasp the complexity of that kind of deep time.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on April 10, 2011, 10:00:44 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens hadn't left Africa yet, so they had to have been black to deal with the UV radiation.
The latitude.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 10, 2011, 09:41:58 PM

:huh: None of this is controversial. Modern Homo sapiens hadn't left Africa 100k years ago, was exposed to high levels of UV radiation and therefore must have had high levels of melanin in their skin to protect them from its adverse effects.

Neanderthals live in relatively high latitudes, were exposed to less radiation, and it would have been advantageous for them to have lower concentrations of melanin in order to increase production of vitamin D. The discovery that some Neanderthals had red hair via analysis of their genome, proves that fair features were common (and likely widespread) among Neanderthals.

1 Karma Chameleon point

JonasSalk

Quote from: Neil on April 10, 2011, 04:07:45 PM
Fortunately, Canada will remain white.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Canada#Visible_minorities

For longer than America, yes, but you guys sure are desperate to immigrate as many Asians as possible.

Visible minorities (that is such an adorably "white is normal here" term, btw): 1996: 11.21%.  2006: 16.20%.  So you gained 5% in 10 years and I doubt that trend has changed much since 2006, so let's say you're probably around 18-20% now.  Good luck!
Yuman

Slargos

Quote from: Valmy on April 10, 2011, 07:41:44 PM

It is always sad when somebody embraces Lettowism.

You've got quite a bit more than one drop huh? :console:

Slargos

Quote from: JonasSalk on April 11, 2011, 12:30:28 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 10, 2011, 04:07:45 PM
Fortunately, Canada will remain white.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Canada#Visible_minorities

For longer than America, yes, but you guys sure are desperate to immigrate as many Asians as possible.

Visible minorities (that is such an adorably "white is normal here" term, btw): 1996: 11.21%.  2006: 16.20%.  So you gained 5% in 10 years and I doubt that trend has changed much since 2006, so let's say you're probably around 18-20% now.  Good luck!

:nelson:

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 10, 2011, 11:57:24 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 10, 2011, 10:00:44 PM
The latitude.
Not especially different from Southern Europe, which still gets a fair bit of insolation.  Now, I want you to think about skin colour, and try again.