Grey Fox

They have like 19 ridings.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jacob

Grey Fox

Jacob

So 15%.

It doesn't seem impossible to beat that with the remaining 85% of the ridings.

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on April 08, 2014, 07:48:51 PM
So 15%.

Kinda hard to achieve with 4 parties.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Ancient Demon

The Liberals got like 40% of the vote, I doubt that was all anglos.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Zoupa

Lots of francos voted liberal. Lots of francos stayed home. Almost all anglos voted liberal. Almost all anglos went to the polls.

It's baffling to me that after 10 years of Harper's Canada, the separatist support is at an all time low. Whatever. I care less and less about what happens to this supposed culture.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Jacob on April 08, 2014, 07:48:51 PM
So 15%.

You guys are missing what I am trying to say.

They vote as a homogeneous block for the Libs, giving them a sure shot ~20 ridings.

Francophones are divided into 4 parties. Whenever we get divided to more than a ~60/40 split, the Libs will win.

Jacob

I get that. Still, it seems disingenuous for you to blame the Anglos for voting for one party rather than blaming the Francos for splitting their votes.

Grey Fox

Why?

Quebec would be a better place if the Anglos would join us try to make this a better province instead of pitting each other into entrenched groups.

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 09, 2014, 07:16:41 AM
Why?

Quebec would be a better place if the Anglos would join us try to make this a better province instead of pitting each other into entrenched groups.
That's not a fair judgement though.  The ADQ is a temporary blip on the radar, so you can hardly blame them for not putting their trust in them.  QS is the party of the crazy left, and by Quebec standards the crazy left is pretty fucking crazy.  Nobody should be voting for QS.  That leaves the vanilla Liberals and the Parti Quebecois.  Now, one of those parties hates anglos and wants them all out of Quebec.

At any rate, all the anglos need to do is wait.  As the boomers die out, so will militancy in Quebec.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

I blame them, it's time to take a leap damn it.

You think militancy is a bad thing?

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 09, 2014, 08:30:02 AM
I blame them, it's time to take a leap damn it.

You think militancy is a bad thing?

Absolutely it is, in Quebec.

Look at what the PQ was up to: concentrating on absurd symbolic crap like this "charter of values" specifically in the hopes of whipping up xenophobia. The reason: most people in Quebec are not intertested in their referendum project and won't be unless they are whipped up into a passion by such tricks. Fortunately, the electorate wasn't buying.

So in a place where militancy isn't popular, militants have to create their own popularity by engaging in such stunts - which is the exact opposite of "try[ing] to make this a better province instead of pitting each other into entrenched groups", that you would like to see. At best, such stunts are a distraction from the business of good government - at worst, they are actively inimical to good government.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox

Man, the charter really twisted your panties.

It's true, the separatist project was the product of one generation, that are now 60+ years old, the PQ has never been able to renew it's base.

The DGEQ held mock elections in 350 High schools in the past month has a way of foaming(mousser) electoral interest to 14-17 years old kids.

PQ finished a distant 3rd with 18% of the vote, this does not bode well for their future.

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on April 09, 2014, 06:32:47 AM
I get that. Still, it seems disingenuous for you to blame the Anglos for voting for one party rather than blaming the Francos for splitting their votes.
People voting for the same party, no matter the scandal, the arrests, the political positioning on various issues, for over 50 years should not be blamed in a democracy?  Curious.  I sometimes think the anglo-Quebecois would be happy with a Liberal dictatorship for life :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.