News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Zoupa on April 07, 2014, 09:44:49 PM
Jacob, crazy canuck: I'm coming your way in a couple of years! I've always wanted to live in the Okanagan, this whole thing will just accelerate my plans.

Looking forward to it :cheers:

Jacob

Quote from: PRC on April 07, 2014, 11:44:07 PM
Don't move to Kelowna.  If you want / need to be near Kelowna, live on the West side of the lake, really nice rural properties to the North West of Kelowna on the West side of the lake.  If that's not an issue then Summerland is awesome and so is further South towards Osoyoos.  Naramata benchland is great as well.  Basically stay out of the urban centers and get a rural property, everything is closeby anyways and you will be very happy.

Yeah, depending on what it is you're in the Okanagan for, I'd avoid the more urban parts. I agree with The People's Republic of China in this.

Grey Fox

Quote from: garbon on April 07, 2014, 10:36:07 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 07, 2014, 10:23:44 PM
No, its their fault. They always vote Liberal no matter what. What can we do in that situation? Like I said earlier tonite, there is not much we can do when the franco vote is divided while the anglo vote is a uniform group.

:huh:

Wouldn't that be the fault then of the people who don't stick together?

That depends on your view angle of the situation.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Neil on April 07, 2014, 10:25:55 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 07, 2014, 10:23:44 PM
No, its their fault. They always vote Liberal no matter what. What can we do in that situation? Like I said earlier tonite, there is not much we can do when the franco vote is divided while the anglo vote is a uniform group.
Given that the PQ wants to put the anglos in camps, who else are they going to vote for?

The Babyboomer English is evil old guard are almost all dead now, maybe we can have a better Left of Center party from it.

Malthus

Quebec voters proved they don't buy into the PQ's brand of bigotry - thankfully, that's the last we will hear of the "charter of values".

Hopefully, the provincial Liberals will not take this as a mandate to go on an rampage of corruption.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox

Quote from: Malthus on April 08, 2014, 09:12:01 AM
Quebec voters proved they don't buy into the PQ's brand of bigotry - thankfully, that's the last we will hear of the "charter of values".

Hopefully, the provincial Liberals will not take this as a mandate to go on an rampage of corruption.

I'm not so sure, we'll probably have a charter by the end of this Liberal mandante, it won't look like the PQ version but we'll still affirm the Laicité of the Quebec government.

That's funny. Being a Liberal is about helping your rich friends become richer.

Barrister

Quote from: Grallon on April 07, 2014, 07:43:58 PM
Why... t'was a strategic vote.  When the PQ appeared to have lost all chances to win I thought the CAQ could be an acceptable solution to prevent the corrupt Liberals from being elected... But it appears that damnable mafia will win after all.  :yucky:

They say a people deserves its government.  Now you can all trumpet that Quebec is the most corrupt province since it has become true again with the Liberals.  <_<

I came here expecting an epic Grallon rant.  I am: disappointed. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PRC

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 08, 2014, 09:27:15 AM
Quote from: Malthus on April 08, 2014, 09:12:01 AM

I'm not so sure, we'll probably have a charter by the end of this Liberal mandante, it won't look like the PQ version but we'll still affirm the Laicité of the Quebec government.

That's funny. Being a Liberal is about helping your rich friends become richer.

Charter of Values will be back.  But it won't be as disagreeable as the PQ version.  I think it was the Liberal leader who said in one of the debates that 90% of the Charter was fine to the other parties and the PQ could have had it, but they wouldn't budge off that bigoted 10% of it.

Grey Fox

crazy canuck

I can't believe tonight's results. Quebecers have to be one of the most politically retarded people on the planet.

Jacob, crazy canuck: I'm coming your way in a couple of years! I've always wanted to live in the Okanagan, this whole thing will just accelerate my plans.

Don't move to Kelowna.  If you want / need to be near Kelowna, live on the West side of the lake, really nice rural properties to the North West of Kelowna on the West side of the lake.  If that's not an issue then Summerland is awesome and so is further South towards Osoyoos.  Naramata benchland is great as well.  Basically stay out of the urban centers and get a rural property, everything is closeby anyways and you will be very happy.

Exactly so.  Except I think Naramata has become quite pricey.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 08, 2014, 12:04:38 PM
I can't believe tonight's results. Quebecers have to be one of the most politically retarded people on the planet.

I thought Okanagan real estate had collapsed a few years ago.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PRC

Quote from: Barrister on April 08, 2014, 12:06:37 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 08, 2014, 12:04:38 PM

There are lots of good rural properties / raw land acreages available at decent prices.  There are also B&Bs / vineyards available at ludicrously high prices.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on April 08, 2014, 12:06:37 PM

Not sure why you thought that.  If it had I would have bought up a bunch of lake front. 

Malthus

Most significant and divisive Canadian election in years just decided and the hot thread topic is: Okanagan real estate.  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on April 08, 2014, 12:18:45 PM
Most significant and divisive Canadian election in years just decided and the hot thread topic is: Okanagan real estate.  :hmm:

We all knew what the result would be days ago so there isnt much left to discuss.  The interesting bits are to come, such as what will the PQ do to make themselves electable.