News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

Quote from: viper37 on April 03, 2014, 12:59:46 PM

Anyway, it's a good thing for Quebec the PQ will be beaten.  We can't allow corruption to take root in our parliament.

Are you fucking shitting me?!  We're still reeking of all the Liberal corruption that went on since 2003 and we're about to plunge right back in!  And you approve?!  Jesus Christ no wonder we're so deep in shit with that kind of mindset.  <_<

Bahh!

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grey Fox

He just prefers his corruption to be Mafia based instead of being FTQ based.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Grallon on April 03, 2014, 01:25:48 PM
Quote from: viper37 on April 03, 2014, 12:59:46 PM

Anyway, it's a good thing for Quebec the PQ will be beaten.  We can't allow corruption to take root in our parliament.

Are you fucking shitting me?!  We're still reeking of all the Liberal corruption that went on since 2003 and we're about to plunge right back in!  And you approve?!  Jesus Christ no wonder we're so deep in shit with that kind of mindset.  <_<

Bahh!

G.
You know as well as I do that the PQ is just as corrupt, and it's one of the main reasons why we are in elections right now, after 18 months, despite Marois's law on fixed elections.

UPAC (Opération Joug) was ready to strike at the PQ but postponed it because of the elections.  The Construction inquiry board wanted to adress the provincial parties financing issues and we have already heard people saying the gave money to the PQ through their corporations, illegally as it is.

Everything surrounding Blanchet's fortune is mysterious, his former associates are either in jail for corruption or will soon be in the US for stock market fraud.

Anyone who votes PQ or PLQ can't be serious about integrity, seriously.

But at least, the PLQ has recognized there is a problem, something the PQ hasn't.

Oh, and what about Zhakaïb shutting her eyes on corruption at her previous job?  You mean to tell me that you trust that idiotic bitch to be honest now that she's elected?  Between her and the Energy MInister who doesn't want to extract oil & natural gaz, we're running for a fucking disaster.
What's next?  A thief at the council?  Oh wait, there was Breton for a time...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 03, 2014, 03:26:29 PM
He just prefers his corruption to be Mafia based instead of being FTQ based.
You can always trust dishonest people to be dishonest.  It's the honest ones you got to worry about.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Grallon on April 03, 2014, 06:29:24 AM
In the last debate the Liberal leader said he expected that every workman, down to the factory floor, should be able to speak english.  That tells me all I need to know about his intentions.  I suppose you cannot be expected to *not* argue about commas, being a lawyer and all, but trust me on this - this man will do everything he can to destroy us as a people.

G.

Tell me Gral, if you disagree that learning english is important, why are you here, arguing in English, my friend?

You did learn english at some point, don't you find it useful?  Why deprive other quebecers or correctly learning  another, very useful language?  What does the PQ want exactly, raise unilingual people so they can be better manipulated?

Grallon

Quote from: viper37 on April 04, 2014, 12:57:52 AM

Tell me Gral, if you disagree that learning english is important, why are you here, arguing in English, my friend?

You did learn english at some point, don't you find it useful?  Why deprive other quebecers or correctly learning  another, very useful language?  What does the PQ want exactly, raise unilingual people so they can be better manipulated?

Do not play the disingenuous card with me - as if you didn't know the difference between billingualism as a personal choice and a state policy that puts english on the same level as french.  That is what is coming with the federalist filth.  An once it is in place it's only a matter of time before french recedes in second position.  Does your hatred for the PQ run so deep that you cannot see straight anymore?  But I'll tell you what, I'd rather see the CAQ in power than that criminal Couillard.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

viper37

Quote from: Grallon on April 04, 2014, 06:32:16 AM
Do not play the disingenuous card with me - as if you didn't know the difference between billingualism as a personal choice and a state policy that puts english on the same level as french.  That is what is coming with the federalist filth.  An once it is in place it's only a matter of time before french recedes in second position.  Does your hatred for the PQ run so deep that you cannot see straight anymore?  But I'll tell you what, I'd rather see the CAQ in power than that criminal Couillard.
You're the one being disingenouous Gral.  You know Couillard never said bilinguism would be mandatory for everyone.  He wants everyone in Quebec to be bilingual, same as Jacques Parizeau. Will you consider Parizeau part of the federalist filth, now?  Did he or did he not say that any Quebecer not bilingual in an independant Quebec would deserve a kick in the butt?

I have trouble finding fault with that reasoning.

But let's agree on the one thing that matters: I want to see a CAQ majority government too ;)

crazy canuck

Our Finance Minister may have been reading our discussion on Railways.  He has said that when the budget is balanced next year the government will take a good look at what infrasture needs the country might have in addition to tax cuts and debt reduction.

Grallon

Quote from: viper37 on April 04, 2014, 09:42:38 AM

But let's agree on the one thing that matters: I want to see a CAQ majority government too ;)

Well it's done, I voted for the CAQ for the first time.  Many people I spoke with, who usually vote for the PQ have done the same.  Let us see what the evening brings.

G.

~Jean-François Revel

Barrister

I suspect CAQ is going to do surprisingly well tonight.  :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grallon on April 07, 2014, 05:03:53 PM
Quote from: viper37 on April 04, 2014, 09:42:38 AM

Well it's done, I voted for the CAQ for the first time.  Many people I spoke with, who usually vote for the PQ have done the same.  Let us see what the evening brings.

G.

Wow Grallon!

If you dont mind could you tell us why you voted that way?  It seems to me that losing you as a voter means the PQ is in significant trouble this time around.

Neil

Good.  Tax cuts generally aren't a very good idea.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grallon

Why... t'was a strategic vote.  When the PQ appeared to have lost all chances to win I thought the CAQ could be an acceptable solution to prevent the corrupt Liberals from being elected... But it appears that damnable mafia will win after all.  :yucky:

They say a people deserves its government.  Now you can all trumpet that Quebec is the most corrupt province since it has become true again with the Liberals.  <_<

G.

~Jean-François Revel

HVC

To be fair you were pretty corrupt in between the liberal leaderships too :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

There is too many ridings that are sold to the Libs by unbeliveable majority to have any chance at real change. Everytime the francophone vote will split itselft between 2-3 parties, the Libs will win.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.