News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

I guessing there's a temporary influx of Acadians and Franco-Ontarians falsely pretending to live in Quebec to influence polling.

Grallon

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 02, 2014, 09:31:03 PM
When BB asked you if you had a link, I am pretty sure he didnt mean some random link about Quebec politics but a link that demonstrated your claims were true. ;)

In the last debate the Liberal leader said he expected that every workman, down to the factory floor, should be able to speak english.  That tells me all I need to know about his intentions.  I suppose you cannot be expected to *not* argue about commas, being a lawyer and all, but trust me on this - this man will do everything he can to destroy us as a people.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 03, 2014, 12:08:14 AM
Interesting result in the latest polling out of Quebec shows that support for the PQ amongst Francophone voters is collapsing and the PQ and Liberals are tied amongst those voters at 31%.

Quote"It's true, we rarely see the two parties at the same level of support among francophones," said Luc Durand, president of the Quebec branch of Ispos Reid. Mr. Durand added that additional poll results to be released Thursday will help explain the PQ collapse among francophones.

What is the Languishites take on why it has occurred?

Pierre Karl Peladeau became a PQ candidate.

I won't look for a link but Couillard did say he would revisit Quebec position on the 1982 constitution. No idea about the Language.

@Grallon, our identity is more than just our ability to speak French.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 03, 2014, 07:02:49 AM
I won't look for a link but Couillard did say he would revisit Quebec position on the 1982 constitution.

OK, but that is not what Grallon claimed. 

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 03, 2014, 07:29:40 AM
I won't look for a link but Couillard did say he would revisit Quebec position on the 1982 constitution.

OK, but that is not what Grallon claimed.

It is, he just tainted his spelling out of it with his bleak opinion of the Canadian Constitution.

Barrister

Quote from: Grallon on April 03, 2014, 06:29:24 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 02, 2014, 09:31:03 PM
When BB asked you if you had a link, I am pretty sure he didnt mean some random link about Quebec politics but a link that demonstrated your claims were true. ;)

In the last debate the Liberal leader said he expected that every workman, down to the factory floor, should be able to speak english.  That tells me all I need to know about his intentions.  I suppose you cannot be expected to *not* argue about commas, being a lawyer and all, but trust me on this - this man will do everything he can to destroy us as a people.

:hug:

With all due respect Grallon - when it comes to politics, I don't trust you on anything.  If you claimed it was raining out I'd ask for a link.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grallon

A culture is always more than the language it speaks but it, and this is particularly true in our case, is always the central element of it.  But do elaborate on your own definition of what culture consists of.  I'm curious.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Neil

Quote from: Grallon on April 03, 2014, 08:53:22 AM

A culture is always more than the language it speaks but it, and this is particularly true in our case, is always the central element of it.  But do elaborate on your own definition of what culture consists of.  I'm curious.
My guess:  Cheap daycare.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

I've written a long text, in french, explaining it and I was translating it for our ROC friends but fuck it. Cheap Daycare it is.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 03, 2014, 10:59:06 AM
I've written a long text, in french, explaining it and I was translating it for our ROC friends but fuck it. Cheap Daycare it is.

:lol:

garbon

My colleague in Quebec thought something bad had happened healthwise to my American colleague's child when she noted at end of day that she was off to pick up her daughter from daycare.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

care = hospital.

It took me a while too to associate daycare with the right places.

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 03, 2014, 10:59:06 AM
I truly am the Great Communicator.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

Quote from: Grallon on April 02, 2014, 04:17:37 PM
As for the Globe's article - I'm surprised only 5 were caught - proof of the laxity of the the officials in charge.  There are rumors of hundreds of these foreigners cheating their way into our election. 
Rumours aren't facts.

It has been a dirty campaign
Thank you Pauline.
Have you noticed a pattern yet?  The climate detoriates at the National Assembly, the campaigns turns to viscious mud slugging and it all happens while Marois is there.  Coincidence?  I think not.

Anyway, it's a good thing for Quebec the PQ will be beaten.  We can't allow corruption to take root in our parliament.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on April 02, 2014, 06:05:33 PM
Consider me deeply sceptical that on the eve of an election the Liberal leader is announcing he'll sign the 1982 Constitution and "gut" Bill 101.

Do you have a link?

duh, good luck finding the non existant.

He never said that.  He said he'd want to sign the Constitution, he never said he'd sign it as it is.
He also opposes the new measures of the PQ to extend law 101 to SMBs.

I certainly approve of his last position.  I certainly don't want to go through the hassle of obtaining that certification.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.