And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on March 27, 2014, 12:57:58 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 27, 2014, 12:53:48 PM
Yes, again, exactly.  It is ok to make decisions they favour with not evidence at all - ie nothing should ever happen in Parks because, well that would just be wrong.  That position of course ignores the fact that all kinds of things already happen in our Parks. The amendment was made to simply clarify the decision making process that must now be used for the government to allow research to occur.  Research!

If the David Suzuki's of the world are correct, no researcher in their right mind would ever find it feasible to run a pipeline through a park.  But I don't buy all his rhetoric :)

Okay, so there's agreement on the substance - this is to facilitate the process of deciding whether it's okay to, for example, have pipelines go through provincial parks - but not on the spin where it's "that's a decision that should be based on reasoned evidence" vs "provincial parks shouldn't have pipelines running through them; yet this is an industry driven push to manufacture political cover for doing just that."

No, that is the rhetoric.  This is to permit research.  Which was always permissable by an order in council.  It simply sets out formal factors the minister must consider.

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 27, 2014, 01:01:07 PMNo, that is the rhetoric.  This is to permit research.  Which was always permissable by an order in council.  It simply sets out formal factors the minister must consider.

So it merely formalizes a process that already happens?

viper37

Quote from: HVC on March 26, 2014, 07:06:29 PM
As for taxes, if you spend more then 181 days your a resident for tax purposes and pay tax there. Most students spend more than that at school. In your opinion would that make them a resident for voting purposes?
No, students are in transit, they usually don't stay.  And they don't have to get a Quebec health card and driver's license.

However, if they have these, I don't see why they couldn't vote.  There might be a few mistakes here&there, nothing generalized in one way or the other.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on March 27, 2014, 02:16:53 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 27, 2014, 01:01:07 PMNo, that is the rhetoric.  This is to permit research.  Which was always permissable by an order in council.  It simply sets out formal factors the minister must consider.

So it merely formalizes a process that already happens?

No.

Provides legislative guidelines for the Minister to consider when deciding if research should take place within the boundaries of a Provincial Park.  Before this there were no mandated factors.  The lefty rags you read should have appluaded this :)

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Less severe than what Grallon would do to those whom he deems disloyal to the separatist cause.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 02, 2014, 02:52:27 PM
Less severe than what Grallon would do to those whom he deems disloyal to the separatist cause.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grallon

The point is moot anyway, unless an unforeseen miracle happens on April 7th, the PQ will lose this election - thanks to their own strategic amateurism.

As for the Globe's article - I'm surprised only 5 were caught - proof of the laxity of the the officials in charge.  There are rumors of hundreds of these foreigners cheating their way into our election. 

It has been a dirty campaign and worse is to come when the Liberals return to their business of dismembering our country.  Something which should make most of you happy, the potential new Prime Minister has already announced he was in favor of gutting bill 101 and expanding bilinguism across the board.  The first step towards our accelerated assimilation.  Oh and he plans to sign the accursed 1982 constitution - without referendum of course - as soon as possible.  So rejoice, I expect in one generation or two french will have become a minority language, in its own heartland, just like in Louisiana.

I am thoroughly disgusted.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Neil

Well, at least things are going right somewhere in the world.  The defeat of a non-true language anywhere in the world is cause for rejoicing.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grallon on April 02, 2014, 04:17:37 PM
As for the Globe's article - I'm surprised only 5 were caught - proof of the laxity of the the officials in charge.   

Under Grallonism an official who allowed an non PQ voter to live would themselves be put up against the wall.

Razgovory

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 02, 2014, 05:18:57 PM
As for the Globe's article - I'm surprised only 5 were caught - proof of the laxity of the the officials in charge.   

Under Grallonism an official who allowed an non PQ voter to live would themselves be put up against the wall.

Only if the can find a firing squad to shoot in French.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

The point is moot anyway, unless an unforeseen miracle happens on April 7th, the PQ will lose this election - thanks to their own strategic amateurism.

As for the Globe's article - I'm surprised only 5 were caught - proof of the laxity of the the officials in charge.  There are rumors of hundreds of these foreigners cheating their way into our election. 

It has been a dirty campaign and worse is to come when the Liberals return to their business of dismembering our country.  Something which should make most of you happy, the potential new Prime Minister has already announced he was in favor of gutting bill 101 and expanding bilinguism across the board.  The first step towards our accelerated assimilation.  Oh and he plans to sign the accursed 1982 constitution - without referendum of course - as soon as possible.  So rejoice, I expect in one generation or two french will have become a minority language, in its own heartland, just like in Louisiana.

I am thoroughly disgusted.

Consider me deeply sceptical that on the eve of an election the Liberal leader is announcing he'll sign the 1982 Constitution and "gut" Bill 101.

Do you have a link?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grallon

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

crazy canuck

When BB asked you if you had a link, I am pretty sure he didnt mean some random link about Quebec politics but a link that demonstrated your claims were true. ;)

The National Post link has nothing to do with gutting Bill 101 but rather gutting another Bill the PQ tabled when they became government.  A Bill that never had a chance of passing in the Minority position the PQ had as both opposition parties opposed it.

The second link is a Federalist critical of the Liberal leaders position on Federalism.  That article does not indicate he plans on "signing" anything.

But I suppose you should be excused.  You were so close to being one step closer to instituting Grallonism.

crazy canuck

Interesting result in the latest polling out of Quebec shows that support for the PQ amongst Francophone voters is collapsing and the PQ and Liberals are tied amongst those voters at 31%.

Quote"It's true, we rarely see the two parties at the same level of support among francophones," said Luc Durand, president of the Quebec branch of Ispos Reid. Mr. Durand added that additional poll results to be released Thursday will help explain the PQ collapse among francophones.

What is the Languishites take on why it has occurred?