Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on November 06, 2011, 07:38:03 PM
Well they cannot beat Baylor maybe they can find somebody in the SEC they can defeat.  Oh wait they did: Texas A&M last week.

Maybe now Vandy will be able to get to bowl games more than once every 50 years.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 06, 2011, 07:56:28 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 06, 2011, 07:38:03 PM
Well they cannot beat Baylor maybe they can find somebody in the SEC they can defeat.  Oh wait they did: Texas A&M last week.

Maybe now Vandy will be able to get to bowl games more than once every 50 years.

Yep.  Vandy will no longer be the worst team in the SEC.  Though I guess with the season Ole Miss is having they are not this year either.

Going to the SEC and giving up their prime Texas recruiting grounds was suicide enough...but going to the SEC East?  They really think Georgia and Florida kids are going to want to play in Missouri?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

No one cares that Penn State was a rape camp. <_<

Here's the BCS Standings

1. LSU
2. Oklahoma State
3. Alabama
4. Stanford
5. Boise State
6. Oklahoma
7. Oregon
8. Arkansas
9. Clemson
10. Virginia Tech

Alabama's ranking is ridiculous.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 06, 2011, 08:31:40 PM
Alabama's ranking is ridiculous.

Eh, they're still probably the second best team in the country.  :hmm:

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 06, 2011, 09:19:42 PM
Eh, they're still probably the second best team in the country.  :hmm:

Meh.  They lost.  They can fuck off to where the other BCS teams with 1 L are hanging out.  Maybe practice some kicking while they're there.

MadImmortalMan

It's not about being objectively "better". It's about winning. The "best" team in the country is almost never the winner of the National Championship.

You run the same season all over again, and there would almost always be wildly different results.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

Well if I was voting I'd definitely put Stanford ahead of them. But Boise St and Houston don't deserve auto-bumping with their schedules. So I'd have Alabama at #4. Even so, I still think they're better than OK St and Stanford.

Admiral Yi

Decent game Penn St Nebraska.

Who y'all rooting for?

MadBurgerMaker

If it wasn't obvious that the Texas QBs aren't good enough to carry the O when the top RBs are out before this game......well it's obvious now.   Case McCoy has the weakest baby arm I've ever seen.  Ash seems to be about as accurate a passer as....."a baby" works here too. 

Combine Ash's arm strength and mobility with the accuracy Case has displayed, and you would still probably only have a 4* type recruit though.  :lol:

Ed Anger

Almost Holy Buckeye II against Purdue. If only the PAT hadn't been blocked.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 12, 2011, 03:26:02 PM
Almost Holy Buckeye II against Purdue. If only the PAT hadn't been blocked.

And that ends Ohio State's slim chance to win the division.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

PDH

Wyoming is playing at Air Force - the wind in Colorado Springs is gusting to 60 miles per hour...4th quarter, Wyoming is up 18-17...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

PDH

Wyoming wins 25-17.  The line was 16 I think, and much like against San Diego State, Wyoming scrapped out a win.

The Pokes are 6-3, though two of those wins were against the scrub leagues.  Still, next week is a home game against New Mexico.  It is kinda funny to cheer for a winning team.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM