Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 28, 2011, 03:33:36 PM
Big 10 doesn't want them.

Tim I was making a joke.  Lighten up.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 28, 2011, 01:14:35 PM
Oh god no. The last thing I want to see is billy bob homering for the B10.

He'd bring the blowjobs to the BIG.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on October 28, 2011, 11:23:53 AM
West Virginia, a member of the Big East since 1995, will leave the conference after being formally invited Friday to join the Big 12.

:)

grumbler

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 28, 2011, 05:20:36 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 28, 2011, 11:23:53 AM
West Virginia, a member of the Big East since 1995, will leave the conference after being formally invited Friday to join the Big 12.

:)
+1

This is the dumbest single move in the history of college conferences.  May it lead to the death of the BCS.

I can see moving to the SEC.  At least the SEC allows their teams to promise scholarships that don't exist, so there is an advantage to joining.  But to jump ship to join a conference on the far side of the continent, with no compensating upside?  Madness.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: grumbler on October 28, 2011, 05:41:56 PM
+1

This is the dumbest single move in the history of college conferences.  May it lead to the death of the BCS.

I can see moving to the SEC.  At least the SEC allows their teams to promise scholarships that don't exist, so there is an advantage to joining.  But to jump ship to join a conference on the far side of the continent, with no compensating upside?  Madness.

Hahaha okay Tim

Berkut

Lets just make it clear right now that when the Big-12 finally implodes, the Pac-16 is NOT taking West Virginia.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

But you're a western conference and they're a western team. It even says so in their name.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadBurgerMaker

Dude.  We could call it something that indicates it stretches across the country.  Something snazzy like......Conference-USA. Yeah that would work.

MadBurgerMaker

BYU @ TCU is actually fairly entertaining.  When they're not shitting themselves and screwing plays up, that is. 

Some BYU player is wearing shoes with yellow soles/highlights on the sides and every time he runs by, I think a flag is hitting the ground, dammit. 

I'm not sure the BYU QB should keep trying to run over linebackers though.   Throwing the ball to a TCU player in the endzone when he's trying to throw it away is probably a bad idea too.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 28, 2011, 06:03:55 PM
But you're a western conference and they're a western team. It even says so in their name.
:lol:

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

Oh wow BYU just totally screwed up a FG attempt.   They ran the kicking team out there in this big hurry after burning the whole play clock trying to decide if they were going to try it or not, then the kicker fell down in his rush to get it off.

Quote from: grumbler on October 28, 2011, 08:31:26 PM
Whatever you say, Marti.

:rolleyes: 

Really though, I want to apologize to Tim for that.  Totally uncalled for.

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on October 28, 2011, 06:01:14 PM
Lets just make it clear right now that when the Big-12 finally implodes, the Pac-16 is NOT taking West Virginia.

The PAC-22 most certainly will!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

MadBurgerMaker

Well BYU was looking like they were going to make a comeback (or at least come within 7-8 with ~10:00 left), they were moving the ball well, etc,  but then they did something stupid again and pissed that away with a terrible redzone turnover.  The QB just decided to throw it backwards while being sacked. 

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 28, 2011, 10:10:23 PM
Well BYU was looking like they were going to make a comeback (or at least come within 7-8 with ~10:00 left), they were moving the ball well, etc,  but then they did something stupid again and pissed that away with a terrible redzone turnover.  The QB just decided to throw it backwards while being sacked. 

It sounds like he was taking pointers from David Ash