Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on October 28, 2011, 10:14:58 PM
It sounds like he was taking pointers from David Ash

:lol:  It's like Rex Grossman's evil twin(s?).  "FUCK IT I'M GOING BACKWARDS!"

I was also thinking this game shows just how bad Gilbert was.  Well.  You know.  This game and everything else.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 28, 2011, 10:17:19 PM
I was also thinking this game shows just how bad Gilbert was.  Well.  You know.  This game and everything else.

It is really shocking watching other teams and then seeing just how horrible and untalented Texas' QBs are.  We just have to hope some Freshman can come in and save them next year...or Ash or McCoy suddenly show something we haven't seen before.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on October 28, 2011, 10:38:17 PM
It is really shocking watching other teams and then seeing just how horrible and untalented Texas' QBs are.  We just have to hope some Freshman can come in and save them next year...or Ash or McCoy suddenly show something we haven't seen before.

If they're going to be starting a freshman next year, it'll be that dude from Arizona, Connor Brewer.  Pretty sure he's the only QB they have coming in.

He's probably going to have the same problems nearly every other true freshman does when starting though.  I really wouldn't mind just giving him a redshirt year and using Ash again. 

Ed Anger

Hay guys! I'm posting from the Indiana game. lol. Defense not allowed.

Nice amount of Hoosier tail though.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Fuck you Michigan State.  You ruin the seasons of the teams in the Big 10 I actually like only to fucking suck against Big Red and Inbred.  They better come back and win this deal.

They are the Aggies of the North.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 29, 2011, 11:58:08 AM

My God man.  Will the final be Northwestern 78 Indiana 40?

grumbler

Thank you, Nebraska!  Michigan needed a lot of help in the B10 race, and Nebraska delivered round one of it.

I think MSU still needs to lose again to avoid the B10 title game, but this was the kind of never-in-the-game beatdown that causes teams like the Spartans to doubt themselves, so it could happen.  They have to play Iowa in Ames, and Northwestern at Evanston.

I think I still see the B10 game as a rematch of last week's MSU-Wisky game, but don't think it a slam dunk any more.

Of course, Michigan still has three tough games left, but I think the Nebraska game will be the key one, and it is in Ann Arbor.  I don't see them getting all three, though.  I'll be happy if they win 2 of 3, so long as OSU is one of the 2.

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: grumbler on October 28, 2011, 05:41:56 PMThis is the dumbest single move in the history of college conferences.  May it lead to the death of the BCS.

I can see moving to the SEC.  At least the SEC allows their teams to promise scholarships that don't exist, so there is an advantage to joining.  But to jump ship to join a conference on the far side of the continent, with no compensating upside?  Madness.

I understand why it is all happening, but I hate that we're getting to this point. You have the ACC which was a traditional southern coastal conference that now goes from Boston (and maybe Connecticut, soon) to Pittsburgh down to the very tip of Florida. The SEC is going to range out to Missouri and Texas, the Big XII is essentially C-USA in terms of geographic spread as is the Big East if it survives (they're looking to add Boise, Air Force, Houston, SMU, Navy and UCF I believe.)

I hate the destruction of the traditional conferences, but I'm also at the point now, where if we really are going to end up with the 4 super conferences eventually I might just say fuck it and let some central body divide the country by strict geographic lines into 4 conferences each with 2 divisions and 16 teams total. Then anyone not a top-64 team, have a similar arrangement with 4 more conferences of a lower tier (Troy and UAB have to play somewhere.)

If you're going to basically shit on the memory of traditional College Football might as well do it in a way that makes sense. West Virginia in a conference where its closest foe is almost 900 miles away makes no sense. I'm still not even all that comfortable with Nebraska in the B1G but that pales in comparison. If Texas and OU had gone to the Pac-12 it having "Pac" in its name would be just as ludicrous as the ACC being known as the "Atlantic" Coast Conference.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on October 29, 2011, 12:18:14 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 29, 2011, 11:58:08 AM

My God man.  Will the final be Northwestern 78 Indiana 40?

Close enough.  :lol: They pulled Persa and NW kept throwing Indiana on the pinball machine.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

What prompted you to head out to the Indiana NW game Boner?

MadBurgerMaker

UTSA got their third win today.  :)  They can actually finish .500.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

ulmont

Close game for GA versus an unranked team...

Eddie Teach

When you've won 3 of last 21 you take what you can get.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 29, 2011, 06:54:52 PM
When you've won 3 of last 21 you take what you can get.
Beating Florida is always worth something.  Even if Michigan is undefeated against them.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!