News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Missou is gonna get eaten alive in the SEC.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 25, 2011, 05:59:37 PM
True, but they will either grow strong, or die.  The move is a mistake on balance, I think, but I don't feel strongly that it is.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadImmortalMan

So what's the new east/west breakdown in the red state conference going to be then? Someone will have to move east presumably.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 25, 2011, 06:09:48 PM
So what's the new east/west breakdown in the red state conference going to be then? Someone will have to move east presumably.

Missouri is supposedly going to the east so there won't be any problems.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 25, 2011, 05:04:16 PM
Missouri wasn't exactly an athletic powerhouse in anything.

They've put together some decent round ball teams.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 25, 2011, 06:29:56 PM
They've put together some decent round ball teams.

That should be *or* anything.  Sorry about that.  They've won 10 conference titles total, all sports included, which is good for.....dead last in the conference.  This apparently includes the three times they won/tied the North in football (went to the B12CG twice and got demolished twice).  They won the conference hoops tournament once.

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&&DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=205160610

Speaking of basketball, one thing I'd be interested in seeing is the Big XII poaching Cincy and Louisville along with WVU.  The north would be pretty awesome.  Kansas, WVU, UL, Cincy. And Kansas State hasn't sucked lately at all.  Iowa State....welp....sorry, guys. 

jimmy olsen

An awesome new website for your perusal

www.firejerrykill.com
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on October 25, 2011, 06:07:26 PM
True, but they will either grow strong, or die.  The move is a mistake on balance, I think, but I don't feel strongly that it is.

My vanity leads me to believe the only reason they had been decent recently is because being in the Big 12 gave them access to Texas recruits.  In fact they have 35 Texans on their roster right now.  Now they have tossed that competitive advantage away and will soon go back to being horrible like they were in the Big 8 days.  Granted they go get to play in College Station every other year, but I do not think that is enough.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

Quote from: Valmy on October 25, 2011, 09:42:53 PM
Quote from: grumbler on October 25, 2011, 06:07:26 PM

My vanity leads me to believe the only reason they had been decent recently is because being in the Big 12 gave them access to Texas recruits.  In fact they have 35 Texans on their roster right now.  Now they have tossed that competitive advantage away and will soon go back to being horrible like they were in the Big 8 days.  Granted they go get to play in College Station every other year, but I do not think that is enough.

Even at that, it's not like they've even been consistantly good.  And as far as being better than good, when was their last conference title?  Back in the Big 8 days, I'm sure.  1980 or so, maybe?

Quote from: Ed AngerMissou is gonna get eaten alive in the SEC.

They'll essentially be about like what South Carolina would probably be without Spurrier.

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 25, 2011, 02:01:02 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 25, 2011, 01:44:03 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 25, 2011, 01:40:12 PM
West Virginia to move to the Big 12.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11298/1184794-100.stm

We shall see.
They reported it on ESPN has breaking news like it was a done deal.

Here Tim this is why nothing is a done deal until it is a done deal and why I do not post conference rumors in this thread:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7152071/west-virginia-mountaineers-move-big-12-hold-source-says
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: dps on October 25, 2011, 10:28:34 PM
Even at that, it's not like they've even been consistantly good.  And as far as being better than good, when was their last conference title?  Back in the Big 8 days, I'm sure.  1980 or so, maybe?

1969 is their last conference championship in football.

dps

Quote from: Valmy on October 26, 2011, 02:37:32 PM
Quote from: dps on October 25, 2011, 10:28:34 PM

1969 is their last conference championship in football.

Even worse than I figured.  But at least I was right about it being back in the Big 8 days.

MadBurgerMaker

Hey Valmy, as someone who is familiar with Jeff "Mad Dog" Madden, I figured you might get a kick out of what Bennie Wylie is up to these days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ETddtcGCTSQ#!

:lol:  The dude is a damn monster.  The difference between this guy and that man boobed fat slob Madden is just astounding.   I'll be interested in seeing where all these freshmen are, S&C wise, after a couple of years working with Wylie.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 26, 2011, 09:23:07 PM
Hey Valmy, as someone who is familiar with Jeff "Mad Dog" Madden, I figured you might get a kick out of what Bennie Wylie is up to these days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ETddtcGCTSQ#!

:lol:  The dude is a damn monster.  The difference between this guy and that man boobed fat slob Madden is just astounding.   I'll be interested in seeing where all these freshmen are, S&C wise, after a couple of years working with Wylie.

Thank God.  Mad Dog looked more out of shape than our fanbase.

That video was awesome.  I am not sure if I wish I was a football player so I could get into that good a shape or I am glad I never played so I never had to go through workouts like that.  I mean that medicine ball push up was part of the warm up eh?

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on October 26, 2011, 09:44:34 PM
Thank God.  Mad Dog looked more out of shape than our fanbase.

lolz

Hey do you know if he still runs out on the field with the players before the game?  I haven't looked/noticed.

QuoteThat video was awesome.  I am not sure if I wish I was a football player so I could get into that good a shape or I am glad I never played so I never had to go through workouts like that.  I mean that medicine ball push up was part of the warm up eh?

I am determined to replicate this workout and get huge.  I just need an ATV and a camera crew to push around on my football field.   :hmm: