News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 02, 2015, 02:04:57 PM
I saw an episode of Black Mirror. Very disturbing. Dunno if I'll watch any more.
Which one?

QuoteThat's why, say, Conspiracy spooks the hell out of me while Fatherland doesn't.
Also Fatherland was dreadful :lol:

20 Feet From Stardom :(
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

I cheated a little bit with the examples there, I'll admit  :P

But Conspiracy would be a damn boring movie if it wasn't relating real events.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 02, 2015, 07:22:21 PM
Which one?

The first one, I think. About the pig-fucking PM.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

The PM one has an amazing setup, but squanders the premise imho.

That happens to most Black Mirror eps I have watched, though.

Sheilbh

Agreed. I think White Bear and Fifteen Million Merits are the best on that front.

The pig-fucking one is hilarious though and still by some distance the funniest (and, possibly, sadly, the truest) :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

I'd probably have liked Fifteen Million Merits more if I didn't HATEHATEHATE all those talent shows  :lol:

Favorite one is The Entire Story of You, but I haven't watched the Christmas Special yet.

Sheilbh

See I watched it with the guilt that knowing I watch those shows :weep:

Edit: Also a brilliant performance by Daniel Kaluuya who's one of my favourite young actors right now. He was immensely charming in the Fades.
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 02, 2015, 07:49:32 PM
See I watched it with the guilt that knowing I watch those shows :weep:

Edit: Also a brilliant performance by Daniel Kaluuya who's one of my favourite young actors right now. He was immensely charming in the Fades.

I was watching "Fifteen" and thinking; hey, that's an interesting world they are describing, I can believe us ending in some place like that in the future, the lead is great, great chemistry with the lass... hey, wait, why the hell are they going to Britain's Got Talent now????!?!?!?!

mongers

Is 'The Book Thief' worth, persevering with as it's making me lose the will to live*.

* yes and no doubt some Languishite would thus recommend I see it through to the end.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

It doesn't get any better.  Just more of the same.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 02, 2015, 05:28:16 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 02, 2015, 05:15:38 PM
Intensified hatred of Arabs and Muslims and people we mistake for Arabs and Muslims, like Sikhs.

Yeah, Spike Lee was just making that part up?

That sounds awful.  Whoever is doing that should stop this instant.  :mad:

I'll compile a list and send it to you, and you can complain to them.  You are going to need to clear some of your hard drive though.  Actually Maybe you should just buy a new one.  This will be a big file.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 02, 2015, 08:44:21 PM
It doesn't get any better.  Just more of the same.

Thanks, I'll cut my losses.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Finally saw Reservoir Dogs.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on January 02, 2015, 08:37:25 PM
Is 'The Book Thief' worth, persevering with as it's making me lose the will to live*.

Quit yer whinin'.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?