News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on November 02, 2014, 09:45:38 PM
Just came back from Nightcrawler--and see?  You can make a flm about human evil featuring a terrifyingly evil villain protagonist that is not, also, a miserablist piece of shit.

Omg, I have to agree with Ide on a movie! I just saw this and loved it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 01, 2015, 03:58:21 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 01, 2015, 12:10:06 PM
Quote from: Martinus on January 01, 2015, 09:58:27 AM
Kudos for using correct pronouns unlike some troglodytes here.

Shes is who she is.

"it"

I generally use the pronouns that people want to use for themselves. No skin off my back.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

I use whatever pisses Mart types off.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on January 01, 2015, 07:01:42 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 02, 2014, 09:45:38 PM
Just came back from Nightcrawler--and see?  You can make a flm about human evil featuring a terrifyingly evil villain protagonist that is not, also, a miserablist piece of shit.

Omg, I have to agree with Ide on a movie! I just saw this and loved it.

You lot are biased against me.  Glad you liked it. :hug:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josephus

What is Nightcrawler about?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

'Grand Budapest Hotel' - Great film with an excellent performance from R.Fiennes.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on January 01, 2015, 10:50:27 PM
'Grand Budapest Hotel' - Great film with an excellent performance from R.Fiennes.  :)

I've seen offered that on pay TV but so far haven't seen the film. I'll have to check it out next time I see it somewhere.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: KRonn on January 01, 2015, 10:58:52 PM

I've seen offered that on pay TV but so far haven't seen the film. I'll have to check it out next time I see it somewhere.

It's available on Cinemax On Demand, I believe.

Berkut

I watched the pilot for Arrow. Looks basically like Batman?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

11B4V

Quote from: Berkut on January 01, 2015, 11:39:27 PM
Keep going.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Martinus

Yeah really enjoyed that.

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on January 01, 2015, 11:39:27 PM

It's Batman with more believable characters/espionnage movie/family drama.