TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 04, 2020, 11:28:47 PM
Weird that you googled his age but not whether he was in the show.  :hmm:

Yi doesn't google...he lets you google for him.  :P

Admiral Yi

Bingo.  But only if you want to.  It has to be a voluntary acceptance.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on September 04, 2020, 04:40:32 AM
I wonder how this live-action Mulan thing will work. Will parents make a big push to pay £20 on Disney+ to buy that film?

And apparently it'll just be available to everyone with Disney+ from December?
they may subscribe for a free month.  or ask a generous uncle to grab it for somewhere and invite his nieces to watch it? ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on September 05, 2020, 05:17:48 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 04, 2020, 04:40:32 AM
I wonder how this live-action Mulan thing will work. Will parents make a big push to pay £20 on Disney+ to buy that film?

And apparently it'll just be available to everyone with Disney+ from December?
they may subscribe for a free month.  or ask a generous uncle to grab it for somewhere and invite his nieces to watch it? ;)

It wouldn't be included in free month though. You have to have disney+ and then can pay the £20.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

35 Canadian dollars for Uncle Vipère.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

I was surprised to learn that Trolls 2 made gangbusters business when it was released for a 20$ rental price too, I guess you can't subestimate the power of children and desperate parents.

Josquius

Trolls 2...even the name makes me shudder. The trailer just looked like the absolute worst thing ever even as kids films go.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

OK, so Cobra Kai is just another teen movie.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tonitrus

If he's making the point that the teen drama is the weak point of the series, I completely agree.  :P

Eddie Teach

I'm thinking of ending things. It's written and directed by Charlie Kaufman. I'm not sure what else to say.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Eddie Teach

Evangelion. Some real r/im14andthisisdeep stuff, but it was amusing.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 06, 2020, 03:07:59 AM
OK, so Cobra Kai is just another teen movie.

Stayed up late and watched to the end of season 1 last night.

[spoiler]The confrontation between Johnny and Daniel was hilarious, where instead of fighting they go for brunch.  But then yeah - even though the show really had no choice but to end at the final confrontation at the All-Valley Karate tournament it did feel very formulaic then at that point.[/spoiler]
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Finished Peep Show, loved every bit of it, even though some throughlines (like the unwantedly escalating relationship with Sophie) fall a bit by the wayside by the end. Though I appreciated that our Byzantium-loving Spellus made an appearance in the final series. :P

I generally like absurdly escalating comedies (hence my taste for Graham Linehan's Father Ted, IT Crowd, and Black Books). I have to admit, though, that some episodes gave me a fair bit of anxiety because I recognized myself far too much in Mark and some of the situations he was in, plus I had some friends in my early to mid 20s with whom a quite similar dynamic as he does with Jez and Super Hans (except none lived in my place).

Definitely a show I will rewatch now and then.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.