News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

The Man Who Killed Don Quixote. A film only Terry Gilliam could make. I enjoyed it.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

KRonn

I've been watching old Hogan's Heroes shows. Campy and over the top but fun stuff. Sergeant Schultz )John Banner) is about the best part of the show, but he saw nothing!   :D

Syt

Finished my rewatch of Frasier. I still well up in the final episode. :cry:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

KRonn

Quote from: Syt on May 09, 2020, 10:00:57 AM
Finished my rewatch of Frasier. I still well up in the final episode. :cry:

That is/was a great show!  :) A favorite show when it was new, and still is a great show in re-runs.

Syt

Started watching Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. Three episodes in. Found the first episode hilarious (esp. since I've watched my share of badly acted, badly edited, badly dubbed amateurish horror schlock), but by episode 3 the joke is wearing a bit thin.

Also, is it me, or is Matt Berry (who I love) playing more or less the same person in most shows he's in? :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

I've been watching The Good Place. It's pretty funny and it actually has a decent narrative too.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on May 10, 2020, 02:55:33 AM
Started watching Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. Three episodes in. Found the first episode hilarious (esp. since I've watched my share of badly acted, badly edited, badly dubbed amateurish horror schlock), but by episode 3 the joke is wearing a bit thin.

Also, is it me, or is Matt Berry (who I love) playing more or less the same person in most shows he's in? :lol:

I love Darkplace, but six episodes is certainly around what the material can support. Ep 3 and 4 are the weakest IMHO. Love the broccoli episode (ep 6).Watch the pure interview parts as well for extra hilarity and disturbing insights.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on May 10, 2020, 02:55:33 AM
Generously, he does variations on a theme.

But when you're mainly about a voice you'll always shoe-horn that performance into anything you're doing. See: the career of Brian Blessed.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Generally not a fan. That toast of London thing was not good.
Year of the rabbit is fun though.
██████
██████
██████

Malthus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 10, 2020, 05:04:39 AM
I've been watching The Good Place. It's pretty funny and it actually has a decent narrative too.

It's a great show.

It's hard to imagine how it got produced, though - it is an awesomely weird premise. The afterlife and the philosophy of morality, and it's a comedy.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

celedhring

Killing Eve. I think this is the first time they do a character-centric episode?

[spoiler]
Having her rural Russian family all speak perfect English kinda threw me off. I guess BBC America didn't like an episode with 90% of Russian dialogue, or the actress wasn't confident on pulling convincing Russian for an entire episode. I guess they tried to explain it away with the family being oddly fixated on English stuff. Loved the harvest festival, though, and they payoff with her mom was good, even if the murder was expected.[/spoiler]

viper37

Quote from: The Larch on May 09, 2020, 06:34:02 AM
Was Venom made by Sony or Marvel? I thought it was a Sony one.  :hmm:
Sony.  They have the Spiderman IP, they lent it to Disney for the Spiderman movies+others.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on May 10, 2020, 02:46:15 PM

It's a great show.

It's hard to imagine how it got produced, though - it is an awesomely weird premise. The afterlife and the philosophy of morality, and it's a comedy.

I broke down and bought season 4 on iTunes.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on May 11, 2020, 09:10:11 AM
Quote from: Malthus on May 10, 2020, 02:46:15 PM

It's a great show.

I broke down and bought season 4 on iTunes.

I did as well! Then binged it. 😄

I enjoyed the hell out of it. Let me know what you think of it.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Season 3 of Medici is on Netfilx.  It reminded me that I had meant to but did not see season 2 - one of the highlights of season 2 is they cast someone who looks very much like Venus for a Botticelli related subplot.

Looking forward to watching season 3