News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Yeah, I enjoy it too. Also watch the movies that made us. Same concept.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 12, 2020, 07:26:51 PM
He is. Michelangelo too.

How do they pronounce Machiavelli?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Quote from: Malthus on May 12, 2020, 07:35:44 PM
I'm enjoying the hell out of a mini documentary series The Toys That Made Us. It's a hoot. Highly recommended.

The Lord God made us.

The Brain

Excalibur. Again. Still fucking awesome. Epic af and they tell the essentials of the saga without using a trilogy of 4h movies.

Liep

Latest what we do in the shadows: [spoiler]RIP The C-man[/spoiler] :weep: :lol:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on May 13, 2020, 06:42:25 AM
Latest what we do in the shadows: [spoiler]RIP The C-man[/spoiler] :weep: :lol:

I couldn't imagine a Colin-centric episode to be so much fun.  :lol:

And this week it's the Mark Hamill episode!  :w00t:

Syt

Cross of Iron ... best intro credits for a WW2 movie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sqwkpiFg4c
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Sam Peckinpah  :wub:

It pleases me that both Cross of Iron and Bring me the head of Alfredo García have rised in estimation over the years, when I graduated they were considered minor works of his. They are my two favorite films of Peckinpah after Wild Bunch.

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on May 13, 2020, 11:55:03 AM
Cross of Iron ... best intro credits for a WW2 movie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sqwkpiFg4c

The movie has three great things: intro, hospital scene, ending. The rest is serviceable.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on May 13, 2020, 12:10:48 PM

It pleases me that both Cross of Iron and Bring me the head of Alfredo García have rised in estimation over the years, when I graduated they were considered minor works of his. They are my two favorite films of Peckinpah after Wild Bunch.

I did not know you graduated in the '70s.   :D

Osterman Week-end, with the whole video surveillance aspect, ages well, despite being a terminal Peckinpah.

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 13, 2020, 05:12:26 PM
Quote from: celedhring on May 13, 2020, 12:10:48 PM

I did not know you graduated in the '70s.   :D

Osterman Week-end, with the whole video surveillance aspect, ages well, despite being a terminal Peckinpah.

Hey Duque have you had a chance to watch that 'Survivors' episode yet?  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

Watching Occupied. Good so far.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on May 13, 2020, 07:39:12 PM
Watching Occupied. Good so far.

Oh that looks quiet interesting, I'll check it out, thanks 11B4V.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Barrister

Quote from: The Larch on May 11, 2020, 10:47:26 AM
Quote from: Malthus on May 11, 2020, 10:00:34 AM
Quote from: Barrister on May 11, 2020, 09:10:11 AM
Quote from: Malthus on May 10, 2020, 02:46:15 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 10, 2020, 05:04:39 AM
I've been watching The Good Place. It's pretty funny and it actually has a decent narrative too.

It's a great show.

It's hard to imagine how it got produced, though - it is an awesomely weird premise. The afterlife and the philosophy of morality, and it's a comedy.

I broke down and bought season 4 on iTunes.

I did as well! Then binged it. 😄

I enjoyed the hell out of it. Let me know what you think of it.

You finished it already? What did you think at the end?

Just finished the season.  Wow. Loved, loved, loved it.

[spoiler]Lot to unpack from the final episode.  Don't think I can do so right now.

But I do really like that they just went for it at the end.  They could have easily done "and they get into the Real Good Place... and they lived happily ever after".  As a kid I loved the Narnia books, but I most of all loved The Last Battle, because it went for it and tried to describe what Heaven was like.[/spoiler]

Malthus, I think you might've been waiting for me to finish before commenting (if so I appreciate).  What are your thoughts?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Beeb is all about those spoilers.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.