And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: viper37 on May 05, 2017, 08:20:56 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 05, 2017, 05:56:02 PM
For decades, do not recall Vader ever saying "Noooo!" when he was tossing the Emperor over the railing in ROTJ. 
it's hard to recall something that wasn't there :P

the special effects are nice, but the edits, it's something I would have put in the extras.

The new special effects don't fit in, it's like some plastic touch in a vintage car.
Practical special effects age better; the added CGI is already dated.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: frunk on May 04, 2017, 08:15:29 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 04, 2017, 08:06:49 PM
Me and Seedy will pray for you.

I'll agree that the intros and breaks aren't very good, but they've always sucked.  All of the mads are dull/annoying rather than funny, and Day and Oswalt live down to that expectation.  The good bits are in the movies.

Some of the movies they've picked were so bad they weren't even good to make fun of. The one where Mark Hamill showed up in the middle was that way. I think some of them were pretty good though.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

celedhring

Watched Ben Affleck's second autistic superhero movie of 2016. It's a bit better than the first, but still pretty ridiculous.

CountDeMoney

There was a second one?

Ed Anger

London has Fallen. Lots of manly killing of Brits and towelheads. I liked it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 06, 2017, 06:13:27 PM
London has Fallen. Lots of manly killing of Brits and towelheads. I liked it.

:rolleyes: They see me trollin'.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Watched Ghostwriter the other night.  Ewan McGregor ghostwrites the memoirs of a thinly disguised Tony Blair.  There is something about the Iraq War that makes script writers go out of their fucking head.  In this story he's a CIA agent, recruited and run by a professor who consulted for Haliburton.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 06, 2017, 05:29:30 PM
There was a second one?

Daredevil, but that wasn't 2016.   :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is great. Fantastic character development, best of any Marvel film.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Most of Sully.  Well made, not terribly dramatic or tense.  That big public hearing in a hangar seems like a weird way to conduct an investigation.

celedhring

Josephus

Hearing good things on Brit cop show Line of Duty. Anyone watch it?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Captain Phillips - not what I expected. The Somalis didn't have subs. Amusing nonetheless.

Also the tv series from last year about Queen Victoria.... It's surprisingly good.

First 2 eps of American Gods.... Wtf.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on May 07, 2017, 01:12:56 PM
Captain Phillips - not what I expected. The Somalis didn't have subs. Amusing nonetheless.

WTF you were expecting Das Boot? ALAAAARM inshallah!
Women want me. Men want to be with me.