News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on November 23, 2016, 04:03:52 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 22, 2016, 11:27:34 PM
Quote from: celedhring on November 22, 2016, 09:52:15 AM
Quote from: Josephus on November 22, 2016, 09:41:02 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 21, 2016, 11:15:33 PM
Watched the Netlix series on Commodus.  It is an interesting mix of the HBO series Rome (complete with nudity so Josephus will approve) and narration with interview clips with historians like Anthony Everitt.

:) :)

Is it any good? I saw it pop on my Netflix recommendations list, but I wondered if it's decent of just some History Channel-level dross.

A bit of both, but they have Everitt on every once in a while which is worth it.

Thanks, I guess it won't hurt to watch the first ep and see. I'm a sucker for Roman history stuff anyway.

Watched the first 2 eps of The Expanse. Liking it so far.

Thanks for mentioning The Expanse. I don't know how it slipped past me before. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Westworld  -  [spoiler]So Bernard as Arnold. Saw that one coming. But not quite how I expected, I thought one of the two guys in the photo would be replaced by the actor we know. As things are....who is the 3rd guy? And how come nobody recognises him?
Delores killed Arnold. Well damn. Wonder how many others she killed. And how she is still hanging around.
If Billy as future evil guy is indeed true a lot of questions are there.

Billy being in the past is also pretty much confirmed with the very robotic hosts around him.
Makes me wonder though. There are these special sentient hosts... but that means they're the old robotic models and not the new organic models.... strange for the robots to be less sophisticated than the organics.[/spoiler]
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Is 'Hateful Eight' worth consigning 2h40m of my life to?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on November 28, 2016, 08:08:14 PM

I saw a promo for it on HBO and I'm going to watch at least a bit.  No way I'd pay to watch.

Admiral Yi

Watched an episode of Big Love.  Sure are a lot of white women.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

Yeah, its worth a watch, but Yi has the right of it, only if its free.

CountDeMoney

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 28, 2016, 08:28:49 PM

Yeah, its worth a watch, but Yi has the right of it, only if its free.

Oh year it's free, but the time consideration is the thing.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

11B doesn't like the lack of historical accuracy of the turret traverse speeds.

Ed Anger

Base cop doesn't understand the hilarity of dead SS. So sad.

Admiral Yi

Tigers were notorious for their underpowered turrets.  :huh: