Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: viper37 on November 30, 2016, 12:24:47 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 29, 2016, 09:50:33 PM
Quote from: viper37 on November 29, 2016, 02:31:46 PM
Quantico is confusing as hell.  Although I'm sometimes guessing what will happen during the episode, I can't seem to get a clear reading of what is going on with all those double twists.

Not as good as a show like Game of Thrones, but any show that manages, at time, to confuse me, is a show I want to see.  I can't get a fix on who's who, what is their real motivations, who's infiltrating who.

She is. So. Focking. Hawt.
100% agree :D

Not hot enough to watch a soap opera set in the FBI.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 30, 2016, 12:29:50 AM

C'mon.  The FBI is a soap opera.

viper37

Quantico is confusing as hell.  Although I'm sometimes guessing what will happen during the episode, I can't seem to get a clear reading of what is going on with all those double twists.

Not as good as a show like Game of Thrones, but any show that manages, at time, to confuse me, is a show I want to see.  I can't get a fix on who's who, what is their real motivations, who's infiltrating who.

It's not... ok, maybe a little.  But She is. So. Focking. Hawt.

During the 1st season, some parts almost felt like some reality tv crap, but it's still a very decent show.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 30, 2016, 12:49:03 AM

C'mon.  The FBI is a soap opera.

We're gonna need some more FBI guys
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Malthus

Another plug for Star vs. The Forces of Evil, my kid's new favorite show.

I'm really loving it. The title character comes across as if they crossed Rick from Rick and Morty with an anime version of a Disney Princess, and injected that love-child with large amounts of LSD, cocaine, and sugar. Only, it's in a kid's show (barely - I think the Disney censor was asleep at the switch sometimes with this show).

In the same category as Rick and Morty and Gravity Falls.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

celedhring

Watched Blackhat, which is kinda hilarious after having watched Mr Robot the week before, Liam Hemsworth must be the studliest hacker ever. The film is boring, otherwise. Mann still produces some mean shootout scenes though.

Savonarola

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016)

There's a fun little movie about trying to catch magical creatures as they run amok in 1920s New York City trying to get out of this one.  Unfortunately that movie trapped in a glacially paced over-arching five movie series about e-e-evil wizards who want calamity and destruction because they're e-e-evil.

Wizards really need a better way of resolving conflicts than pointing wands at each other and making angry faces.  They should teach magical karate at Hogwarts.

[spoiler]At the end, why don't the good wizards just execute the villain?  This is America and that's how we solve problems here.  (Plus they were more than willing to execute the heroes earlier.)[/spoiler]
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

celedhring

Seventh Son. Bland hunky guy is selected by Jeff Bridges, a monster hunter, as his apprentice. They go on to face Julianne Moore's evil Witch Queen. This film was very maligned when it came out, but I thought it was allright by Hollywood blockbuster standards (which admittedly aren't too high nowadays). Jeff Bridges and Julianne Moore chew scenery like it's strawberry bubble gum, and that is the most entertaining part of the film. Alicia Vikander also shows up, although she does little except looking hot.

The character of Bridges made me think a lot of the witchers, I wonder if they ripped it off. He's part of a quasi-extinct order of monster hunters (called "Spooks"), and is pretty despised by the common populace even though they always turn to him when they are in need.

Ideologue

Quote from: viper37 on November 30, 2016, 08:57:50 AM

It's not... ok, maybe a little.  But She is. So. Focking. Hawt.

Yeah, it's almost like she's an actress, or something.

:secret: THEY'RE ALL HOT. :P
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Minsky Moment

Counting down for Margot Kidder reference in 5 . . .4  . . .3  . . .2 . . .
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Josquius

Suicide Squad- Not what I expected. Still not very good. The Joker was barely in it at all. It was just a Will Smith movie. The tone was uneven, the musical interludes weird.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on November 30, 2016, 04:06:32 PM
Suicide Squad- Not what I expected. Still not very good. The Joker was barely in it at all. It was just a Will Smith movie. The tone was uneven, the musical interludes weird.

The reason it is so disjointed is that they redid the movie to match an advance trailer that went viral.  I hope the actual directors cut movie comes out someday.  That is said to be pretty good.

viper37

Quote from: Ideologue on November 30, 2016, 04:00:33 PM
Yeah, it's almost like she's an actress, or something.

:secret: THEY'RE ALL HOT. :P
model, first & foremost.  It shows.  Her acting skills aren't really out of the ordinary.
But what CdM said.  :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Phillip V

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z_for_Zachariah_(film)

Immediately haunts you after the credits roll.  Only three characters in one setting, but I continue to question what I saw and why.

Ideologue

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 30, 2016, 04:04:41 PM
Counting down for Margot Kidder reference in 5 . . .4  . . .3  . . .2 . . .

She got old.  Happens to everybody.  She's certainly very attractive in Black Christmas '74.  Funny, too.  "Darling, you can't rape a townie."
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)