News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ideologue on November 28, 2016, 10:34:33 PM
I'm consistently disappointed that they haven't used a couple hundred million dollars and our modern CGI technology to make a Bomber Command movie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelve_O'Clock_High

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on November 28, 2016, 08:08:14 PM
Is 'Hateful Eight' worth consigning 2h40m of my life to?

No. Almost as bad as Django.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Quote from: Ideologue on November 28, 2016, 10:34:33 PM
I'm consistently disappointed that they haven't used a couple hundred million dollars and our modern CGI technology to make a Bomber Command movie.

Yeah, I wish Peter Jackson had gone ahead with that Dambusters remake.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Tyr on November 28, 2016, 06:29:55 PM
Westworld  -  [spoiler]So Bernard as Arnold. Saw that one coming. But not quite how I expected, I thought one of the two guys in the photo would be replaced by the actor we know. As things are....who is the 3rd guy? And how come nobody recognises him?
Delores killed Arnold. Well damn. Wonder how many others she killed. And how she is still hanging around.
If Billy as future evil guy is indeed true a lot of questions are there.

Billy being in the past is also pretty much confirmed with the very robotic hosts around him.
Makes me wonder though. There are these special sentient hosts... but that means they're the old robotic models and not the new organic models.... strange for the robots to be less sophisticated than the organics.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Interesting piece: Arnold Weber is an anagram of Bernard Lowe.  The other guy in the picture is the robotic version of Ford's dad that Arnold presented to him, hence why Bernard addressed him "Arnold?" when he ran into him in the house.  I think Delores is Wyatt at this point.  That is the play by Ford to stop The Man in Black.  There have been a lot of hints about the 35/30/present breakdown throughout the show.  The first one I noticed was the changing logos of Westworld in the different time periods.  The robotic ones were more sophisticated than the "modern" organic ones, but they also were more expensive and harder to maintain if memory serves.  A few different characters mention the various reasons for the change over, not the least of which was the death of Arnold who was a holdout for the robotic versions.[/spoiler]
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

LaCroix

[spoiler]yeah, bernard = arnold was basically confirmed a few weeks ago. this past week officially confirmed multiple timelines, which there had been tons of hints before. beyond what articles said, such as the different logos, the squirrel whore was mentioned as running the brothel before maeve took over, and she was playing a maeve-like role around william. also, the hanged mexican guy was mentioned as having had a bigger role in the past.

man in black is william
delores and william team up to find the maze (robot consciousness) like they did in the past
it's poetry, nolan[/spoiler]

edit for the spaniards

celedhring

Use spoiler tags when discussing Westworld please. It has just started in Spain.

viper37

Quote from: celedhring on November 29, 2016, 10:30:12 AM
Use spoiler tags when discussing Westworld please. It has just started in Spain.
and some of us haven't watched it yet. :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quantico is confusing as hell.  Although I'm sometimes guessing what will happen during the episode, I can't seem to get a clear reading of what is going on with all those double twists.

Not as good as a show like Game of Thrones, but any show that manages, at time, to confuse me, is a show I want to see.  I can't get a fix on who's who, what is their real motivations, who's infiltrating who.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

celedhring

Some guys I know have worked in a series that SyFy is starting tomorrow - called Incorporated. It's not going to be shown in Spain in the immediate future, so I'd appreciate Languish' opinion on it.

11B4V

Slipped by me. Thanks for the heads up.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

viper37

Quote from: celedhring on November 29, 2016, 08:21:21 PM
Some guys I know have worked in a series that SyFy is starting tomorrow - called Incorporated. It's not going to be shown in Spain in the immediate future, so I'd appreciate Languish' opinion on it.
I'll try to record it.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: viper37 on November 29, 2016, 02:31:46 PM
Quantico is confusing as hell.  Although I'm sometimes guessing what will happen during the episode, I can't seem to get a clear reading of what is going on with all those double twists.

Not as good as a show like Game of Thrones, but any show that manages, at time, to confuse me, is a show I want to see.  I can't get a fix on who's who, what is their real motivations, who's infiltrating who.

She is. So. Focking. Hawt.

crazy canuck

Watching 3% on Netflix.  I highly recommend it.  It is Portuguese with subtitles and my only complaint is in the first couple of episodes there is a lot of white background so the yellow subtitles are sometimes hard to read.  But the character development and writing are excellent.

Basic theme is that when a person turns 20 they get to go through the "Process" which is a series of tests designed to pick the top 3%.  The successful candidates get to go to a better life.  The rest return to the slums from where they came.

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 29, 2016, 09:50:33 PM
Quote from: viper37 on November 29, 2016, 02:31:46 PM

She is. So. Focking. Hawt.
100% agree :D

viper37

Trying to get into Timeless, but it's likely the next show I'll cancel.  Designated survivor might follow too.  I'll keep on recording, but I don't know when I'll watch, if I'll watch.