Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 28, 2016, 09:01:04 PM
11B doesn't like the lack of historical accuracy of the turret traverse speeds.

Poorly written, cliche, etc.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tonitrus

Quote from: 11B4V on November 28, 2016, 09:22:50 PM

Agreed.  It felt to me as if they went out of their way to make it as miserable/depressing/jaded as possible.

CountDeMoney

Well, duh.  It took every WW2 cliche', and multiplied it by a factor of Brad Pitt.

Still doesn't change the fact that mowing down bushels of Krauts isn't funny as fuck all.  Fucking Nazis.

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

SS to boot. Hilarious.

Even more hilarious? The crying in youtube comments on the Fury clips. MAH SS

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 28, 2016, 09:46:30 PM
SS to boot. Hilarious.

BUT THEY HAD TEH COOLEST CAMO
AND FIGHT SONGS

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 28, 2016, 09:47:30 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 28, 2016, 09:46:30 PM
SS to boot. Hilarious.

BUT THEY HAD TEH COOLEST CAMO
AND FIGHT SONGS

HITLER WAS BETRAYED
WE NEED HITLER NOW

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 28, 2016, 09:36:09 PM

Well, duh.  It took every WW2 cliche', and multiplied it by a factor of Brad Pitt.

Still doesn't change the fact that mowing down bushels of Krauts isn't funny as fuck all.  Fucking Nazis.

If it were a short film, that'd mean something; both the tank fights in Fury are really great.  But as it stood, I kind of wanted all the tankers to die.

Also, the film's use of Waffen-SS as Elite & Extra Evil! Nazis is kind of retarded in the context of April 1945.  On the other hand, massing to attack a tank with a human wave and no anti-tank weapons suggests the calibre of officers and men the German armed forces actually did have access to in 1945, so maybe it's a wash. :)

Quote88

You know, I thought for ages this was a reference to the various Krupp 88mm flak guns.  I mean, that's way cooler than "preschool-level simple substitution code."  But then, I get the feeling that most people on Languish know a lot more about WWII than most Neo-Nazis.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Best scene was the massive air armada on its way to pummel America's industrial competitors, and the contrails of about a half dozen German fighters at the end of their pilots' incredibly short careers.

Ideologue

I'm consistently disappointed that they haven't used a couple hundred million dollars and our modern CGI technology to make a Bomber Command movie.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josephus

Quote from: mongers on November 28, 2016, 08:08:14 PM
Is 'Hateful Eight' worth consigning 2h40m of my life to?
yes. It's OK
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on November 28, 2016, 10:34:33 PM
I'm consistently disappointed that they haven't used a couple hundred million dollars and our modern CGI technology to make a Bomber Command movie.

Would never get any play with ethnic Albertans.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on November 28, 2016, 10:34:33 PM

Sounds boring. Fuck the RAF.