News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Yeah, Elysium is actually pretty lazy in its design.  That's fine (as lazily as its conceived, and as unnecessary as it is to the plot, "space colony" isn't actually something you see show up in a $150 million movie, and that's worth something).  But it's not going to be rescued by that mediocre a story.

Chappie also isn't a "good" movie, but it is better.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

viper37

Chappy is worst, imho.

Anyway.  I recored an old Steven Seagal movie, Hard to Kill.
I know I saw this when it first came out, but by all the gods, it is really awful...  I just watched 5 minutes of it, when Seagal is in the hospital and I decided to delete it.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Chappie was an insulting retardstick.

mongers

'Hail, Caesar!' - Entertaining, if a bit whimsical at times.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

mongers

'Revenant' - Epic photography, average script, lots of grunting.

Habbaku

Arrival.  Amy Adams and Hawkeye figure out what those wacky aliens are doing on our planet, gosh darn-it.  A right-wing talk-radio host inspires some resistance to them.  Language is serious business.

9 Decisions Made At Different Points Than You Thought They Were out of 10.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

KRonn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 03, 2016, 01:53:50 AM
Chappie was an insulting retardstick.

I tried to watch that but turned it off part way through.

KRonn

Quote from: HVC on December 03, 2016, 06:55:46 PM
New guardians trailer looks good

https://youtu.be/sMTntxvok1M

Guardians I was great, lots of fun. I hope they can do similar with the sequel.   :)

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on December 03, 2016, 08:35:55 PM

Good film, I really liked it. Agreed on the great scenery and the whole film seemed to capture life on the frontier pretty nicely.

The Brain

YouTube recommends me a clip with a thumbnail featuring what appears to be a CP session in BDM. But I fear it's just clickbait. Please advise.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

KRonn

I just saw Don't Breathe. Pretty good little thriller.

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on December 04, 2016, 12:39:08 PM
Quote from: mongers on December 03, 2016, 08:35:55 PM

Good film, I really liked it. Agreed on the great scenery and the whole film seemed to capture life on the frontier pretty nicely.

Indeed, I was probably being too harsh on it.

I also made the mistake of watching it on a pc/ small screen, in retrospect it's a film that cries out to be watch on the big screen in a decent cinema.

Watched the creds to the end to see where it was filmed, somewhere in British Colombia, epic is the fitting word for that scenery.

Josephus

More (1969). Barbet Shcroeder's first film.

German guy hitchhikes to Paris. Finds hot American girl. Goes to Ibiza. Gets addicted to heroin. All to an early, spacey Pink Floyd score.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011