And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

Quote from: The Larch on April 23, 2020, 05:20:01 PM
Quote from: Malthus on April 23, 2020, 04:47:10 PM
After I am finished with the current show, I definitely am interested in seeing "Community". Lots of people seem to enjoy that show.

It's the most original and creative sitcom of the last decade, and a deserved cult classic. It's 6 seasons, IIRC, but the true gems are the first two. After the 4th the show got into internal turnmoil, some cast members left and it got cancelled and picked up by a different network a couple of times.

I'd rate the seasons as 2>3>1>>5>6>>>>4.  Even with that season 6 has some stellar work by Paget Brewster (who I always love) and Keith David.  It rates so low because Donald Glover isn't there.  S4 has a couple of good episodes but it's mostly skippable.

Liep

Extraction on Netflix. Nice action. Intensely filmed with lots of long takes in Dhaka. It has Chris Hemsworth.

Also it's written by Joe Russo and directed by a MCU stuntman and has some great fight scenes.

Does very little to promote Bangladesh as a tourist hot spot.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

I watched a 60s episode of the Jetsons.
Fascianting to note quite how sexist it is and that Mrs jetson says robot the same way as Isaac Asimov. I've never heard anyone else talk of a robit.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Thieves in the Woods on hiatus.  Checking out Waco.  Pretty good 15 in.  Sympathetic to Koresh.  Down on the ATF.

Admiral Yi

You get a Ruby Ridge two fer one.  Didn't realize they were that close.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 24, 2020, 05:14:16 PM
Thieves in the Woods on hiatus.  Checking out Waco.  Pretty good 15 in.  Sympathetic to Koresh.  Down on the ATF.

Is that the 2.5 ish hour documentary from a couple of years ago?

If so it's very good and gives a lot of insight into the working of the original group and how Koresh took it over.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on April 24, 2020, 05:55:55 PM
Is that the 2.5 ish hour documentary from a couple of years ago?

If so it's very good and gives a lot of insight into the working of the original group and how Koresh took it over.

Nope.  Full dramatic treatment.  6 part miniseries.

Razgovory

I liked the Waco "documentary" where they edited the film so it looked like the government used flame throwers.  The film that inspired a major terrorist attack!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

The theory of time travel - one of the random pieces of trash that fills up amazon prime.... But this one was actually pretty good. Slow start but interesting timey wimeyness
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

I've started on The Hollow Crown, watched Richard II. I saw parts of it on TV some years ago, but now I saw it all. I liked it.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Hotel Artemis - Jodie Foster must really need money.

KRonn

Quote from: celedhring on April 25, 2020, 03:51:19 PM
Hotel Artemis - Jodie Foster must really need money.
Yeah, I saw that movie and it was ok but also quite strange. A semi-dystopian society or something. I wasn't sure what to make of it.

crazy canuck

Last Kingdom season 4 is up on Netflix

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 27, 2020, 08:59:06 AM
Last Kingdom season 4 is up on Netflix

Thanks CC that's reminded me to watch season 3.  :)

Had netflix for a few weeks now and only watch two films and a half episode of last kingdom. :Embarrass:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

Westworld - it started well but once again they get undone by their obsession with twists and plot pyrotechnics. Stopped caring.