News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Josephus on October 29, 2019, 02:51:14 PM
I think this season of TWD is bad primarily because it sucks.

This is the greatest sentence ever.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

Quote from: Valmy on October 29, 2019, 02:59:12 PM
Quote from: Josephus on October 29, 2019, 02:51:14 PM
I think this season of TWD is bad primarily because it sucks.

This is the greatest sentence ever.

Well, I am a professional. ;)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Finished The Deuce. It's totally OK but no The Wire. One thing that bugged me a bit is [spoiler]that when a major character dies (at the end of an episode typically), we often don't see the immediate reactions of people, only the reactions after some time has passed (and sometimes not even that), which I feel leaves an information gap when it comes to how other characters viewed the dead character and their relationship with them. Is the immediate response personal grief? Concerns about practical matters? Etc. Not a huge problem, sure.[/spoiler]

Admiral Yi

I interrupted my viewing of The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch to inform you that "dreck" is a Yiddish word.

Kraut movie about Jewish Orthodox dude who get the hotts for a shiksa.

Traditional Jewish families do sound a little funnier in German.

crazy canuck

Forgot who gave a plug for Daybreak but thank you.

Starts out looking like a witty parody but turns out to be something quite unique.

viper37

Quote from: Berkut on October 25, 2019, 05:21:42 PM
Quote from: Tamas on October 25, 2019, 04:23:49 PM
Not to beat a dead horse too much but this IS funny. Languish Americans:

TV series pretending to be authentic places the Brits to the Battle of Verdun? What's the big deal?!

Hollywood movie overstates the danger of Japanese victory at the Battle of Midway for dramatic effect? 5 PAGE DISCUSSION AND OUTRAGE ENSUES.

:lol:

Not to beat a dead beet, but this IS funny. Languish Tamas.

BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHAMERICANSAREDUMB
he's just teasing you guys.  Stop being so... so, well, grumbly.  :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

celedhring

Weiss & Benioff have left the Star Wars saga they were developing at Disney. Given the past seasons of GoT, that's probably good news  :P

garbon

This is the first year that I've watched multiple episodes of The Great British Bake Off. It will also be my last. -_-

Spoilers: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/oct/29/the-great-british-bake-off-final-review-even-paul-hollywood-couldnt-bear-it
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: celedhring on October 30, 2019, 04:23:06 AM
Weiss & Benioff have left the Star Wars saga they were developing at Disney. Given the past seasons of GoT, that's probably good news  :P

HBO also canceled one of their spinoffs if GoT
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josephus

Succession. Season 2 Episode 4. (the panic room episode) is a classic. If you only watch one episode, watch that.

Finished The Deuce. Season Three wasn't that great, obviously geared towards wrapping up everyone's story lines. So much so that, there was one scene with one guy proposing to one woman in a very lovely scene by a bridge on a river. Very beautiful scene, but I was "...who are those people?"

I did like the last 5 miinute flash forward though.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Habbaku

Quote from: HVC on October 30, 2019, 06:25:26 AM

And greenlit another one. Looks like we're either getting Aegon's Conquest or the Dance of the Dragons. :yeah:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

Quote from: Habbaku on October 30, 2019, 07:38:35 AM
Quote from: HVC on October 30, 2019, 06:25:26 AM

And greenlit another one. Looks like we're either getting Aegon's Conquest or the Dance of the Dragons. :yeah:

:bleeding:

Habbaku

Sorry about all those dead horses, Brain.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien