News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

celedhring

Depends on the talent attached? But yeah, it could be good.

Liep

Quote from: Valmy on May 17, 2017, 10:07:19 AM
Quote from: celedhring on May 17, 2017, 10:05:27 AM
Netflix to produce a Witcher series  :hmm:

Oh good. More edgy medieval-esque fantasy with boobs.

What are the others?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on May 17, 2017, 10:27:32 AM

What are the others?

Game of Thrones of course. Thought my wife has been watching this series about the women of House York in the War of the Roses and when Henry VII is king and it seems the Woodvilles had magical witch powers. Richard III was right! Oh and there were boobs.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: celedhring on May 17, 2017, 10:16:13 AM
well, GoT cam from unknown writers and had a relatively unknown cast in North America.
In cases such as these, I think the source material is more important.  See: Daredevil.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on May 17, 2017, 10:30:18 AM
Quote from: Liep on May 17, 2017, 10:27:32 AM

What are the others?

Game of Thrones of course. Thought my wife has been watching this series about the women of House York in the War of the Roses and when Henry VII is king and it seems the Woodvilles had magical witch powers. Richard III was right! Oh and there were boobs.

History + boobs is great.  Fantasy + boobs is also great.  So is Science-fiction with boobs. 

So, what is this historical show about the War of the Roses?  It seems like a fascinating subject...  :P

Can't wait to read your Witcher 3 AAR while you watch the series :P

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

Quote from: viper37 on May 17, 2017, 01:00:52 PM
well, GoT cam from unknown writers and had a relatively unknown cast in North America.
In cases such as these, I think the source material is more important.  See: Daredevil.

GoT is a wonderful adaptation though - even if those writers were previously unknown, the craftmanship is exemplary. So talent matters, it's not just grabbing a good property and then it's autopilot.

HBO is a proven quantity in dealing with epic period shows, so you kinda can be sure they'll get great talent for the job and back the show to the hilt. Netflix actually hasn't really succeeded in those (see Marco Polo, which was their first attempt at a GoT-like show).

I consider The Expanse show to be superior to the books so far, so getting the producers from that is a good start.

viper37

Quote from: celedhring on May 17, 2017, 01:12:54 PM
Quote from: viper37 on May 17, 2017, 01:00:52 PM

GoT is a wonderful adaptation though - even if those writers were previously unknown, the craftmanship is exemplary. So talent matters, it's not just grabbing a good property and then it's autopilot.

HBO is a proven quantity in dealing with epic period shows, so you kinda can be sure they'll get great talent for the job and back the show to the hilt. Netflix actually hasn't really succeeded in those (see Marco Polo, which was their first attempt at a GoT-like show).

I consider The Expanse show to be superior to the books so far, so getting the producers from that is a good start.

Ok, talent in the real sense of the word. I thought you meant "someone known".  I totally agree with you.

Josephus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 16, 2017, 09:44:34 PM
Quote from: Josephus on May 16, 2017, 09:39:27 PM
Note they're all 25 years older now.

As am I. :(

Yeah, but you prove the theory of time travel when your cock of today can whack off to their ass of 25 years ago.  #FuckYouMrPeabody

Just did that. Thanks.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

HVC

New Star Trek trailer was up today before cbs pulled it (they really want this thing to fail). JJ weird Klingons, another half Vulcan with daddy issues, and action oriented. Think I'll pass on this show.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: celedhring on May 17, 2017, 01:12:54 PM
Netflix actually hasn't really succeeded in those (see Marco Polo, which was their first attempt at a GoT-like show).

I actually really enjoyed Marco Polo.  The biggest issue for me with the series is the meh lead actor.  He's not terrible but he isn't great either.  The supporting cast is fantastic though.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

I concur with BA.

Anybody watching Brockmire on IFC?  Good stuff.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 17, 2017, 10:25:15 PM
I concur with BA.

Anybody watching Brockmire on IFC?  Good stuff.
I totally forgot about that show.  I remember reading a preview for it months ago.  Thanks for the reminder.  I'll be looking into this for sure.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."