News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Eddie Teach will get a claymore and smash Flash Gordon's copy. "There can be only one"

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on March 10, 2017, 04:15:15 AM
Eddie Teach will get a claymore and smash Flash Gordon's copy. "There can be only one"

That's why they made Highlander sequels. :P

In this case the double feature is obviously due to the Queen songs.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

My cousin Viny 25th anniversary

I always liked that movie :)

QuoteWhat lawyer wouldn't give to repeat Vinny's opening statement, "Everything that guy just said is bullsh–."
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on March 10, 2017, 04:21:33 AM
Quote from: celedhring on March 10, 2017, 04:15:15 AM

That's why they made Highlander sequels. :P

That's why there were 2 Highlander 2 too I'd say.  :lol:

Admiral Yi

Watched "Definitely, Maybe" last night.  Ryan Reynolds makes time with three hotties (Rachel Weisz, the chick from Zack and Miri, and the spinner jailbait from Wedding Crashers) and I think we're supposed to feel sorry for him.  There are time when this movie really works and there are lots of WTF moments, both dialogue and plot wise.

celedhring

Finished season 1 of Peaky Blinders. Outstanding.

I also must immediately watch Ep 1 of Season 2.

viper37

Justified, season 5.
Better late than never! :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

Big Little Lies.  Ever wanted to get in a fight with Nicole Kidman in the kitchen, then turn her around and fuck her from behind against the wall?  We'll, there ya go.  Episode 2.

Liep

Kong. I don't think I missed much by not understanding most of the Russian dub. Brie Larsson's tight top was the only redeeming feature of this shot by shot yet still somehow much worse remake of King Kong (2005)
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Kleves

I don't think you understand what 'shot [for] shot' means.  :hmm:
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Liep

Quote from: Kleves on March 14, 2017, 01:36:17 PM
I don't think you understand what 'shot [for] shot' means.  :hmm:

Probably not but I still think you understood what I meant :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Germany's biggest tabloid, Bild, reviewed Moonlight, saying, "Man merkt nicht, dass nur schwarze Schauspieler mitspielen." ("One doesn't notice that there's only black actors in the movie.")

Apparently they've removed the sentence from the online version of the article after a mild outcry on social media.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

There were some white extras though.

Anyone watching Legion? Do you know wtf is happening?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Scipio on March 07, 2017, 11:51:48 AM
Galavant was a great little show. My wife and I just finished binge-watching it. Now we're watching Hap and Leonard, which just hit Netflix. That shit is ridiculous. James Purefoy as shitheel Texan with Michael K. Williams as his conservative homosexual black best friend who volunteered to go to Nam. Christina Hendricks as well. Fucking brilliant.

I haven't seen the show, but the book series it is based on is one of my favorites - I'm happy to see that it looks well done.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned