And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Am I going crazy or does baywatch look like it might actually be a funny movie.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on March 29, 2017, 07:35:05 PM
Am I going crazy or does baywatch look like it might actually be a funny movie.

Swim-happy white people?  Fuck yeah.

celedhring

Peaky Blinders, season 2 - this show is so much FUN. And now they go and bring in Tom Hardy playing a jewish mobster/baker. Every scene he's in is hilarious.

Only 2 eps to finish this season, and then it's on to season 3. I'm watching Iron Fist on the side, just 4 eps to go on that one.

Gups

Quote from: celedhring on March 30, 2017, 08:56:38 AM
Peaky Blinders, season 2 - this show is so much FUN. And now they go and bring in Tom Hardy playing a jewish mobster/baker. Every scene he's in is hilarious.

Only 2 eps to finish this season, and then it's on to season 3. I'm watching Iron Fist on the side, just 4 eps to go on that one.

I love Tom Hardy in that role.

I didn't like the third season as much as the first two. In fairness that may have been because I didn't have the benefit of sub titles for the third and they really do mumble a lot.

Ed Anger

Watched the first Chappelle stand up thing on Netfux. Enjoyed it quite a bit.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 30, 2017, 07:43:21 PM
Watched the first Chappelle stand up thing on Netfux. Enjoyed it quite a bit.  :)

Heh, watched them both the other night.  God to see him working again.

The Larch

He has a 3rd one coming shortly. AFAIK his Netflix deal is for 3 shows.

celedhring

Quote from: Gups on March 30, 2017, 09:20:19 AM

I love Tom Hardy in that role.

I didn't like the third season as much as the first two. In fairness that may have been because I didn't have the benefit of sub titles for the third and they really do mumble a lot.

I really couldn't follow this show without subtitles. God, those accents and the mumbling.

garbon

Yes, loved it.

Quote from: celedhring on March 30, 2017, 08:56:38 AMI'm watching Iron Fist on the side, just 4 eps to go on that one.

I have kind of stalled out on that at the moment. I'm not sure to what extent I enjoy it but then I felt much the same way about Daredevil.

I've been watching Catastrophe (Season 3) which unfortunately, like season 2, appears to have lost some of the magic the first season has. Maybe it is because the irreverent humour isn't as 'shocking' but just expected from the characters.

Also, finished first season of Chewing Gum. I guess it is in that vain of Britain interested on the lower classes front (takes place on council estate) but it is quite fun.

Oh and finished Grace and Frankie (Season 3). Such a fun show.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Gups

Catastrophe has tipped a bit too much from comedy to drama. Still good though.

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on March 31, 2017, 06:17:07 AM
I have kind of stalled out on that at the moment. I'm not sure to what extent I enjoy it but then I felt much the same way about Daredevil.

It has moved to "might as well finish it since I got this far" territory for me. It's been spinning wheels for the last eps.

HVC

people on the internet really want it to fail because he isn't Asian enough, even though the comic book character isn't Asian.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Brain

Saw the first handful of episodes of Narcos. Really liking it.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.