And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 01, 2017, 05:41:52 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on February 27, 2017, 10:07:50 AM
Can anyone speak to OJ: Made in America? Is it really as good as they say it is? The thing is 8 hours long and I don't want to make a time commitment to something overrated.

Have you watched any of it yet?  I would have to invest not only time but also some money to see it, so an opinion would be appreciated.  If anything, though, I think the earlier segments (pre-trial) have the most potential to be interesting/novel, so that might weigh in favor of starting it.

I have so far watched the first three episodes. It is quite good, imo, and I am learning a lot about the circumstances of the case. The first episode is a good indicator of what to expect through the whole miniseries. If you can just get a look at that, go for it and see if you think it is worth the time.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

I'm still annoyed I missed out on that Knicks-Rockets playoff game when OJ took his ride.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 01, 2017, 09:06:31 PM
I'm still annoyed I missed out on that Knicks-Rockets playoff game when OJ took his ride.

I got so laid that night.  But I had to wait for the pursuit to end first.  :lol: :mad:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Watching OJ.  It's dynamite.

Ideologue

Quote from: celedhring on March 01, 2017, 04:01:22 AM
Watched Predestination, an Aussie adaptation of Heinlein's "All you zombies". Decent enough, although the terrorist plot they added to pad up the original story feels tacked on. Recommended viewing for those liking time travel mind-fucks, although I guess that even if you haven't read the original short story the twists can be seen a mile away if you're familiar with the genre.

In retrospect, it is a little predictable, [spoiler]but only if you realize how far they're willing to go, to the extent there's close to only one character in the whole movie.[/spoiler]  Either way, I dug it a lot.  I like the Spierig Bros.; Daybreakers, for all its weaknesses, and even accepting that it's not at all a high bar, is still probably the best vampire movie of the past decade or so, maybe longer, and certainly the one with the highest concept.

Watched Death Note for like the fourth time.  Always a blast.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 04, 2017, 02:07:50 AM
Watching OJ.  It's dynamite.

I saw the one with Cuba Gooding. Never knew Fuhrman plead the5th when asked if he planted evidence.   :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Didn't know OJ's pop was gay.

Berkut

[spoiler]He did it.[/spoiler]
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

celedhring

Started watching Peaky Blinders. Very good so far. Charismatic performances, great work recreating the setting, better-than-most-movies cinematography and camera work.I love high-caliber brit shows. Plus you can catch up on 3 seasons for the price of one American season.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: celedhring on March 04, 2017, 01:22:54 PM
Started watching Peaky Blinders. Very good so far. Charismatic performances, great work recreating the setting, better-than-most-movies cinematography and camera work.I love high-caliber brit shows. Plus you can catch up on 3 seasons for the price of one American season.

I really dig that show.

Josquius

Collateral Beauty- Meh. Meh meh meh. Thinks so much of itself but delivers pure cheese. Not awful. But meh.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

You've been waiting all year for this.

Deadpool 2

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 04, 2017, 01:45:39 PM
Quote from: celedhring on March 04, 2017, 01:22:54 PM

I really dig that show.

I did at first, but season 3 lost me.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?