News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on December 19, 2016, 05:53:25 AM
Dang, seems I missed most of Filmmuseum's "Dismal Technology: Sci-Fi and Melancholia 1968-1983" series:

The Terminal Man

OTOH, I think I've found my Christmas movie playlist.

One of the of the few which did not ring a bell, except it was referenced in a Captain Future episode (#2 actually) along with a movie about stellar wars of some sort. ;)
Coincidence? I think not!  :tinfoil:

derspiess

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 17, 2016, 09:36:14 AM
Season 2 of the Trumpenreich documentary The Man in the High Castle is pretty good so far. Very realistic portrayal of the events leading up to the Trumpenfuhrer's rise.

My favorite characters are still the two main Japanese guys.

Finished it last night.  Some really good plot twists toward the end.  Overall I give the series a 9/10.  The series does not have any serious weak points IMO.  Interesting character development and visuals are flat out amazing.

People are talking about a Season 3 but I think that would be stretching things too far.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

FunkMonk

Quote from: derspiess on December 19, 2016, 09:50:58 AM
Season 2 of the Trumpenreich documentary The Man in the High Castle is pretty good so far. Very realistic portrayal of the events leading up to the Trumpenfuhrer's rise.

Finished it last night.  Some really good plot twists toward the end.  Overall I give the series a 9/10.  The series does not have any serious weak points IMO.  Interesting character development and visuals are flat out amazing.

People are talking about a Season 3 but I think that would be stretching things too far.

Haven't finished it yet; hoping to get it done before Christmas.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

Blader Runner 2049 teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haXvp8M9Cog

Seeing Arrival has hyped me for this movie like nothing before.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

11B4V

Quote from: Liep on December 19, 2016, 07:32:00 PM
Blader Runner 2049 teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haXvp8M9Cog

Seeing Arrival has hyped me for this movie like nothing before.

I have high hopes for this.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Sure, high hopes.  Why not.  By all means, Hollywood, don't ever stop raping my childhood.  It's just one long, hot Penn State shower buttfuck

Razgovory

Half-way through. I still hate Juliana.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

She's complicated. But I kind of like her.

And I've asked the wife to start calling me Gruppenführer.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

The Japanese guys are interesting, as is Obergruppenfuher Smith.  It takes a lot of talent to make a Nazi SS guy a sympathetic character.  Frank is okay, not so keen on the diversity clubhouse gang resistance.  Ed is one of the most realistic characters, he's who most people would be in a dictatorship.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on December 20, 2016, 12:37:48 AM
  It takes a lot of talent to make a Nazi SS guy a sympathetic character.

It's not rocket science.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Brain on December 20, 2016, 02:23:11 AM
  It takes a lot of talent to make a Nazi SS guy a sympathetic character.

It's not rocket science.

If you say so, Werner.

FunkMonk

The Japanese guys are interesting, as is Obergruppenfuher Smith.  It takes a lot of talent to make a Nazi SS guy a sympathetic character.  Frank is okay, not so keen on the diversity clubhouse gang resistance.  Ed is one of the most realistic characters, he's who most people would be in a dictatorship.

So far, for me, the bad guys are a lot more interesting than the good guys, but that was also the case in the first season.

Except Ed and the antique seller guy. I'd watch a show just about those two every week.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 19, 2016, 07:38:20 PM
Sure, high hopes.  Why not.  By all means, Hollywood, don't ever stop raping my childhood.  It's just one long, hot Penn State shower buttfuck
Villeneuve is a pretty good director, when combined with Hollywoods means and storytelling.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

celedhring

Quote from: viper37 on December 20, 2016, 01:53:26 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 19, 2016, 07:38:20 PM
Villeneuve is a pretty good director, when combined with Hollywoods means and storytelling.

I get you're not a fan of his Canadian movies? Can't say I have seen any of his pre-Hollywood work besides Enemy.

Admiral Yi

He should have been more insistent that the variability of wind rendered the invasion plan unrealistic. :nerd: