News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Liep on December 14, 2016, 03:33:39 PM
Oh, I meant one of the landing spots in the movie is Greenland and thus the Danish flag gets a lot of airtime. :P
ah, I see.
I haven't seen the movie yet :)
the government should have negotiated to get Quebec a landing spot, with our flag shown! :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Liep

Quote from: viper37 on December 14, 2016, 03:43:03 PM
Oh, I meant one of the landing spots in the movie is Greenland and thus the Danish flag gets a lot of airtime. :P
ah, I see.
the government should have negotiated to get Quebec a landing spot, with our flag shown! :D

See it, it's like the only good parts from Gravity and Interstellar with a better score.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Margin Call. Liked it a lot. Amazing cast, very tight and effective script, great direction. Liked it much better than The Big Short, actually.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: celedhring on December 14, 2016, 03:49:29 PM
Margin Call. Liked it a lot. Amazing cast, very tight and effective script, great direction. Liked it much better than The Big Short, actually.

Yeah, it's a screenwriter's movie, alright.  :P 

"So what you're saying is you're a rocket scientist."

crazy canuck

Started watching the Netflix series on the Medici's.  Its pretty good so far.  And would get the Josephus stamp of approval  :)

Ed Anger

Christmas movies pt2:

The Ref. Faboo.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

citizen k

Quote from: celedhring on December 14, 2016, 05:04:58 AM
Chris Stuckmann - whom I agree with most of the time regarding blockbusters - has spoken. It seems we are getting another predictable, nostalgia-heavy, safely packaged Star Wars film. And this one doesn't seem to have interesting characters to save it like TFA had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxWFm5kUBGk

He says it's nonetheless enjoyable, but after TFA and this one it's clear we aren't getting anything daring or interesting out of the Disney assembly line. Just generic competence.  :hmm:

Still, I'll probably see it at least twice in theaters.  :lol:

Here's Kevin Smith's review of Rogue One:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLljgEUPmRQ

Rogue One seems very un-Disney in the way it handles the main protagonists.

Spoiler: [spoiler]Everyone dies.[/spoiler]

derspiess

Wife is doing happy hour with her friends tomorrow, so I'm taking the chitlens to see it tomorrow.  I've heard mixed reviews on it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: citizen k on December 14, 2016, 11:11:36 PM

Well, Duh.  [spoiler]The "Many Bothans died to bring us this information" scene from Return of the Jedi was the entire premise for the film.  Must be the record holder for longest example of foreshadowing in cinematic history.[/spoiler]

citizen k

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 14, 2016, 11:19:11 PM
Quote from: citizen k on December 14, 2016, 11:11:36 PM

Well, Duh.  [spoiler]The "Many Bothans died to bring us this information" scene from Return of the Jedi was the entire premise for the film.  Must be the record holder for longest example of foreshadowing in cinematic history.[/spoiler]

This is about the first Death Star not the second one.

from Star Wars opening crawl text:

Quote"It is a period of civil war. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire.
During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire's ultimate weapon, the DEATH STAR, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet."

CountDeMoney

That's impossible. Even for a computer.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

viper37

Quote from: Liep on December 14, 2016, 03:45:23 PM
Quote from: viper37 on December 14, 2016, 03:43:03 PM
ah, I see.

See it, it's like the only good parts from Gravity and Interstellar with a better score.
once it arrives on blu ray, I'll pick it up at the rental store :)

For now, I have to see Rogue One next week with my cousins :)

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 14, 2016, 11:19:11 PM
different Death Star.  There's no mention of Bothans in the 1st movie about the 1st Death Star, only a reference to Leia receiving a transmission from a rebel ship.