CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 13, 2016, 09:52:36 PM
Heydrich was a Six Sigma black belt.

with SHRM-certified Death's Heads.

Ed Anger

Yeah, he was good at Human Resources.  :lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

celedhring

Chris Stuckmann - whom I agree with most of the time regarding blockbusters - has spoken. It seems we are getting another predictable, nostalgia-heavy, safely packaged Star Wars film. And this one doesn't seem to have interesting characters to save it like TFA had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxWFm5kUBGk

He says it's nonetheless enjoyable, but after TFA and this one it's clear we aren't getting anything daring or interesting out of the Disney assembly line. Just generic competence.  :hmm:

Still, I'll probably see it at least twice in theaters.  :lol:

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on December 14, 2016, 05:04:58 AM
He says it's nonetheless enjoyable, but after TFA and this one it's clear we aren't getting anything daring or interesting out of the Disney assembly line. Just generic competence.  :hmm:

That's quite a change however from the last movie years of Lucas.  :P

celedhring

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 14, 2016, 07:38:03 AM

That's quite a change however from the last movie years of Lucas.  :P

I usually say that I prefer incompetent originality to competent blandness, but the Star Wars prequels amazingly managed to become an exception to that. That's how dire they are.  :hmm:

viper37

well, that's pretty much Marvel, isn't it?  They are really fun movie, I would say they are interesting, but they aren't really daring on the surface.

As for the Star Wars movies, well, so far, it's better than what Lucas has done in his 3 movies and final re-editions.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Liep

Arrival.

Movie of the year. It's nice to see all those money wasted on Greenland finally paying off, rare to see Denmark so well represented in a blockbuster. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

I rated 25 movies/shows on imdb from 2016, the top before watching Rogue One:

9/10
Hunt for the Wilderpeople
Arrival
Westworld
Captain Fantastic

8/10
Deadpool
The Night Manager
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

Eddie Teach

It was tedious and borderline dreary.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

I loved Captain Fantastic too. The ending felt a bit forced but otherwise it was one of the highlights of the year for me.

Happy (belated) Noam Chomsky Day!

viper37

Quote from: Liep on December 14, 2016, 09:18:17 AM
Arrival.

Movie of the year. It's nice to see all those money wasted on Greenland finally paying off, rare to see Denmark so well represented in a blockbuster. :P
I don't think it's Greenland.  It doesn't show in the shooting locations.

Part of that movie (where the ships are) was filmed in Saint-Fabien, Québec.  Before the shooting began, Villeneuve and his photography director came to my home town, to visit, on the ground and in the air one of the locations they wanted to use: my father's land.  It came close that this movie would have been shot in my backyard, almost literally. :)

They prefered a shot where we see mountains like this:

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Liep on December 14, 2016, 01:17:41 PM
I rated 25 movies/shows on imdb from 2016, the top before watching Rogue One:

9/10
Hunt for the Wilderpeople
Arrival
Westworld
Captain Fantastic

8/10
Deadpool
The Night Manager
out of your list, I have only seen Deadpool.  It seems I have something to do for the winter after all :P

Liep

Quote from: viper37 on December 14, 2016, 01:55:11 PM
Quote from: Liep on December 14, 2016, 09:18:17 AM
Arrival.

I don't think it's Greenland.  It doesn't show in the shooting locations.

Part of that movie (where the ships are) was filmed in Saint-Fabien, Québec.  Before the shooting began, Villeneuve and his photography director came to my home town, to visit, on the ground and in the air one of the locations they wanted to use: my father's land.  It came close that this movie would have been shot in my backyard, almost literally. :)

Oh, I meant one of the landing spots in the movie is Greenland and thus the Danish flag gets a lot of airtime. :P Actually shooting a Hollywood movie in Denmark? Nope, even the Danish Girl (which no one saw) only shot location shots here. Pitch Perfect 2 used CGI and stock film to make it appear like Denmark.