News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Somali piracy

Started by Scipio, April 10, 2009, 05:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on April 10, 2009, 09:15:26 AM
Fuck foreign countries.  If they don't like our armed merhcantmen they will taste a screaming 18" broadside from one of our battleships.

We refloat what is left of the Yamato for its 18 inch guns?  :P
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Fuck foreign countries.  If they don't like our armed merhcantmen they will taste a screaming 18" broadside from one of our battleships.

From one of our what now?  :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 10, 2009, 09:28:41 AM

What battleships do we have now, I am speaking of a long term project here - Project Neil, designing North America's next Battleship.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

DontSayBanana

Quote from: PDH on April 10, 2009, 09:36:41 AM
What battleships do we have now, I am speaking of a long term project here - Project Neil, designing North America's next Battleship.

Knowing our luck, he'd subcontract to the Timmeh Corporation, and after 6 months of service, they'd need a congressional review on the inadvisability of using railguns in congested marine traffic. :P
Experience bij!

jimmy olsen

The Japanese are way ahead of you MB.  :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Battleship_Yamato#Space_Battleship_Yamato
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 10, 2009, 09:56:24 AM

JESUS HUBERT HUMPHREY CHRIST, ARE YOU THAT FUCKING DENSE? WHY THE FUCK DID YOU THINK I POPPED AN YAMATO REFERENCE IN THIS THREAD?

Man. I know what fucking Star Blazers was, since it was on TV with G-Force. Damn kids these days.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 10, 2009, 10:02:56 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 10, 2009, 09:56:24 AM

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU THINK I POPPED AN YAMATO REFERENCE IN THIS THREAD?

Man. I know what fucking Star Blazers was, since it was on TV with G-Force. Damn kids these days.

I thought it was just because the Yamato class were the only Battleship with 18 inch guns.

I know the series is old, but you just don't seem like the kind of guy who would have watched anime, even when he was a kid.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Savonarola

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 10, 2009, 10:17:17 AM

I know the series is old, but you just don't seem like the kind of guy who would have watched anime, even when he was a kid.

Star Blazers was shown on regular network television in the early 80s; and it was before anyone realized how weird Japanese cartoons could be.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 10, 2009, 09:10:02 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on April 10, 2009, 08:55:57 AM
This is a job for Knight Boat!
Oh No! They're making a run for it on land!

Wait! Good thing there's a well-placed canal!
There's always a canal, or a fjord, or an estuary!
PDH!

derspiess

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/04/09/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry4931970.shtml

Here's what our "nation of cowards" attorney general had to say:

QuoteIn reference to whether the pirates may face criminal charges in the United States, the attorney general said, "it is a little early tell, at this point. There has not been an act of piracy I think against a United States vessel in hundreds of years. So ah...I'm not sure exactly what would happen."

And 'Crazy Joe' Biden:

QuoteWe're not going to settle that here. I think what you should do is contact Jim Jones and the White House," he said referring journalists to the national security advisor.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

I thought it was just because the Yamato class were the only Battleship with 18 inch guns.
Furious was a battle cruiser armed with 18" guns, and the British had two monitors with 18" guns taken from the Furious.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Savonarola on April 10, 2009, 10:32:20 AM

Star Blazers was shown on regular network television in the early 80s; and it was before anyone realized how weird Japanese cartoons could be.

hell, even earlier. I can swear that shit was on during the Carter Administration.

Valmy

QuoteIn reference to whether the pirates may face criminal charges in the United States, the attorney general said, "it is a little early tell, at this point. There has not been an act of piracy I think against a United States vessel in hundreds of years. So ah...I'm not sure exactly what would happen."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Admiralty_court
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: derspiess on April 10, 2009, 11:35:06 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/04/09/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry4931970.shtml

Wow, what can you say to ignorance of that magnitude. :mellow:

1 Karma Chameleon point

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 10, 2009, 12:01:08 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 10, 2009, 11:35:06 AM

Wow, what can you say to ignorance of that magnitude. :mellow:
That just means that they won't live to see trial Timoshanter.
PDH!