News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Somali piracy

Started by Scipio, April 10, 2009, 05:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

Quote from: Scipio on April 10, 2009, 05:47:08 AM
I think we should kill the living shit out of them.  String them up.

John Keegan agrees.

]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/personal-view/5133029/Pirates-must-be-hunted-down-and-their-vessels-sunk-on-sight.html]  [url]

QuoteThe rich nations are already taking steps to protect their shipping – the US 5th Fleet has five to 10 ships in the area; there is also an EU force, and a Nato fleet. A host of countries, including Britain, China, Russia, India, Saudi Arabia, Denmark and Malaysia, have either sent warships or are reportedly considering doing so.

Such ships must act promptly and ruthlessly, as piracy will spread unless it is stamped out. The Gulf of Aden is an exit from the Mediterranean, one of the world's most important seas, crossed annually by thousands of ships. So our campaign must be ruthless and pitiless: pirate ships must be sunk on sight and the crews left to swim to safety, if it can be reached.

Many would complain about such tactics but, in my opinion, pirates have no rights – indeed, it will be vital to exclude human rights lawyers from the anti-piracy campaign. To bring any captives to Europe or America for trial would probably be to grant them their dearest wish, which is to secure entry to a new life in the First World.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Caliga

OMG U PEOPLE ARE SO RACIDISTIC  :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

KRonn

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30154714/

France frees yacht off Somalia, hostage killed
Four other hostages, including a child, are saved, officials say

Reading towards the end of the article, and it looks like lots of ships and boats taken. More than I would have thought, including private boats like this French one. Yemeni tugboat, etc. Just nuts.

derspiess

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on April 10, 2009, 01:10:24 PM
That just means that they won't live to see trial Timoshanter.

Rrrright.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

I hope France arrests some pirates so we can call wherever they put them the "gulag of our time".
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Caliga

Quote from: Berkut on April 10, 2009, 01:39:19 PM
I hope France arrests some pirates so we can call wherever they put them the "gulag of our time".

:lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Berkut on April 10, 2009, 01:39:19 PM
To the Bastille with them!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DontSayBanana on April 10, 2009, 09:25:32 AM
Oh, god. The eSurance Trading Company. :bleeding:
The eSurance girl gives me wood.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

One thing I don't understand is how the motherships are staying undetected.  Surely those ships are big enough to be spotted on satellites and be dispatched in quick order.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: DGuller on April 10, 2009, 02:48:34 PM
One thing I don't understand is how the motherships are staying undetected.  Surely those ships are big enough to be spotted on satellites and be dispatched in quick order.

If it is such a highly trafficed area I doubt it.
PDH!

The Brain

Satellites can't see if they are fishing or pirating.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: derspiess on April 10, 2009, 01:37:28 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on April 10, 2009, 01:10:24 PM
That just means that they won't live to see trial Timoshanter.

Rrrright.
They are as dead as yesterday's mackerel killer.
PDH!