Anti-gay senator arrested for DUI after leaving a gay club

Started by Martinus, March 04, 2010, 04:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 10, 2010, 02:08:10 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 08, 2010, 05:18:17 PM
That's what bisexuality is. :contract:
I've read some studies that imply otherwise about women.

I don't think Penthouse is an appropriate source.  :contract:

Martinus

Or "Bisexual Cum Sluts Gone Wild VI", for that matter, is a research-based documentary. :P

At least not up to the same rigorous standards of scientific research as "Barracks and Locker Rooms: Straight Studs Go Gay III", in any case.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on March 10, 2010, 02:02:01 AM
They are sexual orientations, not gender orientations. I am not attracted to someone because he wears trousers or considers himself a man - I am attracted because he exudes male pheromones. Not every time replacing "sex" with "gender" makes you look more sophisticated. Sometimes it just makes you wrong. :P

The dash was intentional. I was trying to connote the many combinations of gender and sexual orientation. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Martinus on March 09, 2010, 02:20:57 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 09, 2010, 02:17:49 PM
Quote from: Jacob on March 09, 2010, 02:14:15 PM
I believe it is to denote that the organization in question is welcoming to people who're figuring out their shit, as opposed to being hostile to people who don't identify with one particular rigid spot on the spectrum.

Except that every letter represents a group of people which is generally hostile to the other groups. -_-

G and L dislike each other (and the only reason they don't actually hate each other is that they only meet once a year, at the pride). Both groups hate B. And everybody thinks T are freaks. -_-

Really? welcome to the 1990's. I don't see that in Vancouver so much. Nobody gives a shit really.
:p

garbon

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 10, 2010, 12:48:18 PM
Really? welcome to the 1990's. I don't see that in Vancouver so much. Nobody gives a shit really.

It's the case here in SF. There are few lesbians in the Castro.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: garbon on March 10, 2010, 12:50:24 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 10, 2010, 12:48:18 PM

It's the case here in SF. There are few lesbians in the Castro.

used to be the opposite in my hood, all dykes... but even the guppie males are feeling the various economic crises and this slightly cheaper to live area is getting faggily expensive.

I may have overstated the love between the various groups, but I think overall the queer community here works pretty well together when they need to. Lots of people in Van also use queer instead of the other labels. Personally the now secondary meaning of "queer" (weird, oddball) is more useful as a descriptor for me personally, than the now secondary meaning of "gay" (happy), so I prefer it. Old fags still cringe at "queer", yet take "fag" in stride... I guess queer has only been reclaimed by ivory tower types? (like me? :p)
:p