Anti-gay senator arrested for DUI after leaving a gay club

Started by Martinus, March 04, 2010, 04:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on March 09, 2010, 03:04:00 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 09, 2010, 02:53:27 PM
You're an only child, right? Think of all your parents did for you so their line would continue, all of that going for nought. :(

He can still have a child. <_<

Yes, but kidnapping is still illegal.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on March 09, 2010, 02:48:40 PM
I leave my bigoted half to say bigoted things. ^_^

I heard this argument used many times by gays, especially in the context of gay pride parades ("they make us all look like freaks"). I do not share this view - I like transgendered people, I enjoy drag shows / transvestite entertainment, etc. (though I do agree that the nature of GLB "uniqueness" is different than that of "T", the former being about sexual attraction the latter about gender identity). I was just reporting on what is espoused by many gays.

Malthus

You're an only child, right? Think of all your parents did for you so their line would continue, all of that going for nought. :(

Yeah, pairing up with lesbians for insemination, for one. Only you folks hate each other, apparently, making the parenting a tad awkward.

Do I sense a future sitcom plot?  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

Quote from: Malthus on March 09, 2010, 04:17:30 PM

Yeah, pairing up with lesbians for insemination, for one. Only you folks hate each other, apparently, making the parenting a tad awkward.

It's not that different then most married couples.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on March 09, 2010, 03:52:46 PM
So you're okay with female to male transsexuals?

I'm not sure if there would be anything more horrifying than if I went down on a dude and he had a vagina.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Why does it have to be his biological child? :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

I don't think gays and lesbians actually do hate each other. They are just ultimately entirely uninterested. We could just as well be aliens living in different dimensions.

I mean, gay men obviously interact with straight men, either as victims of homophobia, or originators of weird bromances or secret fantasies. They interact with straight women, either through the internalised mysogony or the fag hag mechanism. I am not very familiar with how lesbians see the world, but I would imagine they have similar love/hate relationships with the straight people of both genders.

Now, none of this is present when it comes to interactions between gays and lesbians. No common attraction (either way). No competition.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on March 09, 2010, 04:26:36 PM
I mean, gay men obviously interact with straight men, either as victims of homophobia, or originators of weird bromances or secret fantasies. They interact with straight women, either through the internalised mysogony or the fag hag mechanism.

There are more ways than this to interact with other gender-orientations. :scots:

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on March 09, 2010, 04:25:10 PM
Quote from: Jacob on March 09, 2010, 03:52:46 PM
So you're okay with female to male transsexuals?

I'm not sure if there would be anything more horrifying than if I went down on a dude and he had a vagina.

Wouldn't you notice before the deed was done?  :huh:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on March 09, 2010, 04:33:04 PM
Wouldn't you notice before the deed was done?  :huh:

I meant the physical act of going downwards. :P

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on March 09, 2010, 04:25:58 PM

Why does it have to be his biological child? :hmm:

Well, that's one way. One could adopt, too, or even have a child by a hetero woman who was willing.

Just seems an elegant solution - dykes need sperm and gays need wombs for bio-babies; why, they could cooperate together! Then, they's have something in common.  ;)

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on March 09, 2010, 04:39:08 PM
Well, that's one way. One could adopt, too, or even have a child by a hetero woman who was willing.

Just seems an elegant solution - dykes need sperm and gays need wombs for bio-babies; why, they could cooperate together! Then, they's have something in common.  ;)

:x

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on March 09, 2010, 04:29:09 PM
I mean, gay men obviously interact with straight men, either as victims of homophobia, or originators of weird bromances or secret fantasies. They interact with straight women, either through the internalised mysogony or the fag hag mechanism.

There are more ways than this to interact with other gender-orientations. :scots:
There are more ways to act with people.  Friendship is one that goes unmentioned, for example.
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on March 09, 2010, 04:29:09 PM

They are sexual orientations, not gender orientations. I am not attracted to someone because he wears trousers or considers himself a man - I am attracted because he exudes male pheromones. Not every time replacing "sex" with "gender" makes you look more sophisticated. Sometimes it just makes you wrong. :P

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on March 08, 2010, 05:18:17 PM
That's what bisexuality is. :contract:
I've read some studies that imply otherwise about women.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point