Anti-gay senator arrested for DUI after leaving a gay club

Started by Martinus, March 04, 2010, 04:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on March 09, 2010, 02:14:15 PM
I believe it is to denote that the organization in question is welcoming to people who're figuring out their shit, as opposed to being hostile to people who don't identify with one particular rigid spot on the spectrum.

Except that every letter represents a group of people which is generally hostile to the other groups. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on March 09, 2010, 02:17:49 PM
Quote from: Jacob on March 09, 2010, 02:14:15 PM
I believe it is to denote that the organization in question is welcoming to people who're figuring out their shit, as opposed to being hostile to people who don't identify with one particular rigid spot on the spectrum.

Except that every letter represents a group of people which is generally hostile to the other groups. -_-

G and L dislike each other (and the only reason they don't actually hate each other is that they only meet once a year, at the pride). Both groups hate B. And everybody thinks T are freaks. -_-

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on March 09, 2010, 02:17:49 PMExcept that every letter represents a group of people which is generally hostile to the other groups. -_-

Yeah, well the purpose of these alphabet soup groups is to promote some sort of unity amongst them, right?

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on March 09, 2010, 02:31:01 PM
Yeah, well the purpose of these alphabet soup groups is to promote some sort of unity amongst them, right?

You gots me.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

garbon

Martinus

Quote from: Jacob on March 09, 2010, 02:31:01 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 09, 2010, 02:17:49 PMExcept that every letter represents a group of people which is generally hostile to the other groups. -_-

Well yeah but this more a case of projecting reality than describing it. Gays and lesbians are two groups that are possibly most unattracted two each other of all combinations.

And bisexuals and transsexuals are two groups that fulfill two extreme stereotypes about gays that we most dread and dislike (on one hand "they could just settle with a nice girl if they wanted" and "they want to wear dresses, make-up and act feminine" on the other).

garbon

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on March 09, 2010, 02:46:34 PM
"they could just settle with a nice girl if they wanted"

You're an only child, right? Think of all your parents did for you so their line would continue, all of that going for nought. :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 09, 2010, 02:53:27 PM

You're an only child, right? Think of all your parents did for you so their line would continue, all of that going for nought. :(

My mum only recently stopped asking me whether I'm sure this isn't just a phase. :P

Alcibiades

Quote from: Martinus on March 09, 2010, 02:57:58 PM
My mum only recently stopped asking me whether I'm sure this isn't just a phase. :P

Poor woman  :weep:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

DGuller

Not just the parents.  Think back to your line of male predecessors.  Countless generations of them before you all managed to reproduce, without even a single exception, going back all the way to 6,000 years ago.

garbon

He can still have a child. <_<

Jacob

Well yeah but this more a case of projecting reality than describing it. Gays and lesbians are two groups that are possibly most unattracted two each other of all combinations.

And bisexuals and transsexuals are two groups that fulfill two extreme stereotypes about gays that we most dread and dislike (on one hand "they could just settle with a nice girl if they wanted" and "they want to wear dresses, make-up and act feminine" on the other).

So you're okay with female to male transsexuals?

Martinus

Quote from: Jacob on March 09, 2010, 03:52:46 PM

So you're okay with female to male transsexuals?

I'm okay with any transgendered people.