Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Alcibiades

Quote from: garbon on March 08, 2010, 03:12:19 PM
Q is actually for questioning and queer. :smarty:

Questioning..... never heard it named for queer though.

I feel like this is the one thing you should know, marty.   :P
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

garbon

Quote from: Alcibiades on March 08, 2010, 04:54:05 PM
Questioning..... never heard it named for queer though.

I feel like this is the one thing you should know, marty.   :P

Questioning strikes me as the ridiculous one. Questioning is not a sexuality/lifestyle.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on March 08, 2010, 05:03:07 PM
Questioning strikes me as the ridiculous one. Questioning is not a sexuality/lifestyle.

Why not?  Even if it's temporary, it's as legit as the others.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 08, 2010, 02:50:12 PM
Recently, I've seen the acronym "LGBTQ" in place of what used to be LGBT. What's the Q for?

Why did I ask in this thread? Pick a gay thread. Any gay thread.
Omnipotent nancies.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jaron

The gay clique takes anyone who is fabulous. Being gay , this is not about sexual preferences or who likes to stick what in whom. This is about lifestyle, culture, and the struggle to protect it and let it flourish.

MRFs.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on March 08, 2010, 05:18:17 PM
That's what bisexuality is. :contract:

Then it should really be IBSCFYBISHDYBISEYTI* instead of Q.

*I've-Been-Sucking-Cock-For-Years-But-I-Still-Haven't-Decided-Yet-Because-I'm-Still-Experimenting-Yeah-That's-It

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 09, 2010, 05:56:06 AM
Redundant.

Yeah, it is with people trying to push queer as an overarching umbrella. Of course, I don't really know that many people who call themselves queer (self-labeling).

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on March 09, 2010, 12:12:28 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 09, 2010, 05:56:06 AM
Redundant.

Yeah, it is with people trying to push queer as an overarching umbrella. Of course, I don't really know that many people who call themselves queer (self-labeling).

It's the term for actors and other celebrities who are gay but don't want to say it because they don't want to be "pigeonholed" (read: don't want to stop getting straight roles or having teenage girl fans) (see: Michael Urie who recently came out as "queer", and I think Mika, at least before he said he was "bi" - which is equally laughable).

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on March 09, 2010, 01:13:43 PM
It's the term for actors and other celebrities who are gay but don't want to say it because they don't want to be "pigeonholed" (read: don't want to stop getting straight roles or having teenage girl fans) (see: Michael Urie who recently came out as "queer", and I think Mika, at least before he said he was "bi" - which is equally laughable).

I don't think that most people would see a difference between queer and gay except that queer might be offensive. :huh:

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on March 08, 2010, 05:03:07 PMQuestioning strikes me as the ridiculous one. Questioning is not a sexuality/lifestyle.

I believe it is to denote that the organization in question is welcoming to people who're figuring out their shit, as opposed to being hostile to people who don't identify with one particular rigid spot on the spectrum.

So if we have people like "I haven't had sex yet and I'm not really sure who I'd like to have sex with", "I've been happily boinking people of one gender for years, but now I'm turned on by the other one" and "after some time experimenting, I think I'm most attracted to pre-op transsexuals" or whatever, they can belong to the organization without having to face "you're just fag in denial, get over yourself" from the CdMs and Marty's of the group.