Anti-gay senator arrested for DUI after leaving a gay club

Started by Martinus, March 04, 2010, 04:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

QuoteRoy Ashburn ARRESTED: Anti-Gay State Sen. Got DUI After Leaving Gay Nightclub, Sources Say

Early Wednesday morning, State Sen. Roy Ashburn (R-Calif.) was pulled over and arrested for drunk driving. Sources report that Ashburn -- a fierce opponent of gay rights -- was driving drunk after leaving a gay nightclub; when the officer stopped the state-issued vehicle, there was an unidentified man in the passenger seat of the car.

Ashburn has issued an apology for the incident:

"I am deeply sorry for my actions and offer no excuse for my poor judgment. I accept complete responsibility for my conduct and am prepared to accept the consequences for what I did. I am also truly sorry for the impact this incident will have on those who support and trust me - my family, my constituents, my friends, and my colleagues in the Senate."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/04/roy-ashburn-arrested-anti_n_485419.html

Karma is a bitch, motherfucker. :yeah:

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jaron

For all you know he was an undercover brother trying to destroy the anti-gay movement from within.

He could be part of the gay Mossad.

Besides,  isn't self loathing part of being gay? Aside from Sheilbh and TES, all the gays on Languish have done some measure of hiding or hatred at what they are. Like some kind of modern day Frankensteins.

Alexandru H.

That's why gays shouldn't be allowed to run for public office. They tend to get into illegal situations more often than their heterosexual counterparts.

Faeelin

Quote from: Jaron on March 04, 2010, 04:47:48 PM

Besides,  isn't self loathing part of being gay? Aside from Sheilbh and TES, all the gays on Languish have done some measure of hiding or hatred at what they are. Like some kind of modern day Frankensteins.

Hrmm. I wanted to give you a :middle finger: emoticon, but can't. 

Jaron

Quote from: Faeelin on March 04, 2010, 04:59:32 PM

Hrmm. I wanted to give you a :middle finger: emoticon, but can't.

:moon:

garbon

Am I hiding or am I hating? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Alexandru H. on March 04, 2010, 04:55:08 PM
That's why gays shouldn't be allowed to run for public office. They tend to get into illegal situations more often than their heterosexual counterparts.

I can't even tell you how many DUIs I've had.

Jaron

Quote from: garbon on March 04, 2010, 05:04:16 PM
Am I hiding or am I hating? :unsure:

Hiding..

Are we going to meet up soon or what bro? I need my garbon fix. :)

Viking

damn... last year was good for anti-hypocracy.. the republicans were cheating on their wives with women... but it seems we are back to situation normal...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Jaron

Maybe it was the only place in town to get a decent appletini

DGuller

Admiral Yi

I'm a little curious what actions are required in order for the Huffington Post to label you a "fierce opponent of gay rights."

Jaron