News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New boardgames

Started by The Brain, April 07, 2009, 12:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRC

Quote from: The Larch on March 11, 2010, 11:20:55 AM
Habs, how are the plans for the "Republic of Rome" game going? Any timeframe in mind?

Would love to be a part of the game if possible - just got my copy last week.  I hate the Faction Vote tuckboxes...

Delirium

I just got my copy of NES' Overlord from overseas and I got hold of a Killing Ground copy as well (I had to find and buy a Space Hulk copy and trade it to a guy in Stockholm).

Other than that, we're just setting up a campaign game of GMT's 1914:Twilight in the East at the club, I'm on the Russian side, we have five or six players and will likely spend a year or so playing once a week.

And I just noticed that GMT will release the remake of Wilderness War pretty soon, I like that.

This is a good game year.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

Del, why don't you play ACTS/CDG games? Or do you?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Delirium

After our last HIS game I set up another game on a Swedish forum. Bad move. People could take four days to make a move and when I complained about it and tried to up the pace I got "hey, I got a life, I'm playing as fast as I can" in response. Turn two took almost two months to complete and that's when I bailed.

Anyway, if the right game with the right people shows up I'm game. Do you have any ideas?
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

Quote from: Delirium on March 12, 2010, 03:31:01 PM
After our last HIS game I set up another game on a Swedish forum. Bad move. People could take four days to make a move and when I complained about it and tried to up the pace I got "hey, I got a life, I'm playing as fast as I can" in response. Turn two took almost two months to complete and that's when I bailed.

Anyway, if the right game with the right people shows up I'm game. Do you have any ideas?

Well, I am almost always up for another game of PoG/BtB/Wilderness War/TS etc., etc.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Habs, how are the plans for the "Republic of Rome" game going? Any timeframe in mind?

Sorry about the lack of response on this (I think you made a couple of other posts asking, as well).  I've been rather preoccupied the past couple of weeks, but am much freer now.  I expect to start a recruiting thread Saturday night and we'll go from there.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Delirium on March 12, 2010, 01:06:11 PM
I just got my copy of NES' Overlord from overseas and I got hold of a Killing Ground copy as well

Be sure to download the living rules for Killing Ground;  there are some changes in there that aren't in Overlord.

The Brain

Quote from: Habbaku on March 10, 2010, 02:40:36 PM
Quote from: The Brain on March 10, 2010, 01:59:23 PM
Today I got the Game of Thrones LCG Core Set. Me and my buddies are eager to play.

I played that not too long ago.  I had fun, though I am biased towards liking any game that has mechanics similar to Magic : The Gathering (which this does).  I think it'd be more fun with the full complement of four, however.

Played it with three people today. We had a blast. I got pwnd but then I'm pretty much an LCG n00b. I played House Lannister against Stark and Baratheon.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Delirium

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 12, 2010, 06:22:59 PM
I just got my copy of NES' Overlord from overseas and I got hold of a Killing Ground copy as well

Be sure to download the living rules for Killing Ground;  there are some changes in there that aren't in Overlord.

You sure? They both say 2.0...?

Delirium

Quote from: Berkut on March 12, 2010, 03:34:49 PMWell, I am almost always up for another game of PoG/BtB/Wilderness War/TS etc., etc.

Let me get back to you, Twilight Struggle is a fairly new acquaintance of mine, that would be fun.

Caliga

Quote from: Berkut on March 09, 2010, 10:29:14 AM
Washington's War is "out for delivery". Go Big Brown Truck!
:mmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Delirium on March 13, 2010, 08:55:59 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 12, 2010, 06:22:59 PM

You sure? They both say 2.0...?

IIRC, they've incorporated some late errata online.  Not that big of a deal, but something to look for.

CountDeMoney

Hey Habs/anybody else;  anyone know anything about Decision Games' Storm of Steel?  It looks like Totaler Krieg! for World War 1.

Delirium

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 14, 2010, 09:05:38 AMIIRC, they've incorporated some late errata online.  Not that big of a deal, but something to look for.

Okay, I'll check on Consimworld, thanks.

The Larch

Quote from: Habbaku on March 12, 2010, 06:05:38 PM

Sorry about the lack of response on this (I think you made a couple of other posts asking, as well).  I've been rather preoccupied the past couple of weeks, but am much freer now.  I expect to start a recruiting thread Saturday night and we'll go from there.

No worries, I was just curious on which were your plans about it.  :)