News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New boardgames

Started by The Brain, April 07, 2009, 12:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

PDH

Pffft, Nuclear War was better.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

chipwich

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

BuddhaRhubarb

found this link that some here may like. enjoy (it's olde lighthearted Soviet boardgames scanned in... descriptions are in Cyrillic.)

http://babs71.livejournal.com/355037.html

:p

CountDeMoney

OK, I just got my check for all my personal time from my previous employer, so now I've got a shitload of money to drop on wargames I don't play.
I will update you on the purchases of wargames I won't play in short order.

Tamas

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 16, 2010, 06:02:25 PM
OK, I just got my check for all my personal time from my previous employer, so now I've got a shitload of money to drop on wargames I don't play.

You should buy a few for me :) I won't play them, I promise.

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on April 17, 2010, 04:31:30 AM

You should buy a few more me :) I won't play them, I promise.

One is quite enough, thank you very much.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: The Brain on April 17, 2010, 04:47:32 AM
Quote from: Tamas on April 17, 2010, 04:31:30 AM

You should buy a few more me :) I won't play them, I promise.

One is quite enough, thank you very much.

:lol: typo fail

Berkut

Here is a crazy thought.

Save some of that money, and come to WBC for a couple days. Or NBW.  Or hell, inaugurate the first Annual CountDeMoney Languish Wargmaing Weekend, and we can come to you.

Actually play some games.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

I really wonder what this game is.  It appears to be "Gas the Peasants".

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Title reads "Khimicheskaya Voina" which, I guess, means Chemical War(fare).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Habbaku

Russians are big Dead Kennedys fans?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien