News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New boardgames

Started by The Brain, April 07, 2009, 12:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Delirium on January 29, 2010, 04:47:22 PM
My next game I just got to have is The Killing Ground, but people seem generally reluctant to give up their copies...

The Battle for Normandy is probably better.  Not as pretty, though.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on January 29, 2010, 06:17:31 PM
The Battle for Normandy is probably better.  Not as pretty, though.

If by better you mean more playable, probably.  And definitely not as pretty.

grumbler

Quote from: PRC on January 25, 2010, 02:16:27 PM
List Item # 80 is "Trafalgar", a 1968 title self-published, which this thread says went for $1,035.00 on eBay.  http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/284353/the-mighty-trafalgar-s1035-on-ebay Yikes! 
I owned that game at one time.  It was actually a pretty good game.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

I recently placed a P500 order for the Here I Stand reprint.  :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Habbaku

Quote from: Caliga on February 02, 2010, 06:23:01 PM

You're welcome to join the next Languish game when that inevitably comes to being.  :)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on February 02, 2010, 06:40:11 PM
Quote from: Caliga on February 02, 2010, 06:23:01 PM

You're welcome to join the next Languish game when that inevitably comes to being.  :)

Which should be, like, soon, if you don't start that goddamn' RoR game!  :mad:

Caliga

Aight.  My usual M.O. is to try to learn a game solitaire first, so I don't get my ass kicked too badly.  :blush:

Tamas

Quote from: Caliga on February 03, 2010, 08:25:39 AM
Aight.  My usual M.O. is to try to learn a game solitaire first, so I don't get my ass kicked too badly.  :blush:

You cant really learn Here I Stand alone, dude.

Caliga

Quote from: Tamas on February 03, 2010, 08:32:28 AM
You cant really learn Here I Stand alone, dude.
I'm talking about the rules and shit, not the strategy.

Ed Anger

String them along Cal. Then don't play with them.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

Easiest way to learn is to just jump into a game.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Delirium

Quote from: Habbaku on February 02, 2010, 06:40:11 PMYou're welcome to join the next Languish game when that inevitably comes to being.  :)

As long as you don't play Turkey. Or Habsburgs. Or...eh.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

I'm fine playing anyone but the English, honestly.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

Did a trial session with Twilight in the East. Goddammit, that's a game for hardcore :nerd:. Chances are I'll never have the patience to play it, but it looks so good I'm happy just to own it.