News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New boardgames

Started by The Brain, April 07, 2009, 12:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

Quote from: Tamas on January 19, 2010, 02:32:29 AMBTW I am looking for an European time-zone PBEM opponent who can do turns during office hours so I am less bored. I am flexible in regards game to be played.

I guess that would be me?

Let me think this over though, I might be ready to embark on another CB adventure, I don't know.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

Thanks for the discussion by the way, Larch.  I wasn't aware that you had this much experience with gaming.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Larch

Quote from: Habbaku on January 19, 2010, 06:15:49 PM
Thanks for the discussion by the way, Larch.  I wasn't aware that you had this much experience with gaming.

I do play a lot of boardgames, but most of the time not the kind of games that are discussed here. That is, monsters with shitloads of counters that are never taken out of the box (@CdM  :P).

Ed Anger

Dammit, you faggits have gotten me wanting to order more games. ACK
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 19, 2010, 08:52:49 PM

2 orders. Highway to the Reich and some shit from Avalanche's clearance sale that my wife will play.

CountDeMoney

Hey Ed, is that the SS GD marching band counter?

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 20, 2010, 07:46:29 PM
Hey Ed, is that the SS GD marching band counter?

The Imperial Guard.

From the La Bataille de Ligny game.

The geeklist over at Boardgamegeek inspired it:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/50894/wargames-before-we-deploy-the-infantry-well-send-i

Delirium

How large would you say your collection is?
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Ed Anger

Quote from: Delirium on January 21, 2010, 04:11:50 AM

How large would you say your collection is?

I'd say around 75.~ 100 if you count old magazine games I didn't sell off back in the 90's.

Delirium

A respectable sum, Sir.

Ed Anger

It would have been much larger if I didn't sell off a bunch to make house payments in the mid 90's. Needs must when the devil drives.

And the late 90's-early '00's sell off when I discovered e-bay. 70 bucks for a punched copy of the Gamers' Afrika? 100 bucks for Nato, Nukes and Nazi's? SOLD! That part was pure greed.  :blush:

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 21, 2010, 03:00:49 PM
It would have been much larger if I didn't sell off a bunch to make house payments in the mid 90's. Needs must when the devil drives.

And the late 90's-early '00's sell off when I discovered e-bay. 70 bucks for a punched copy of the Gamers' Afrika? 100 bucks for Nato, Nukes and Nazi's? SOLD! That part was pure greed.  :blush:

Greed is g... oh fuck it, you suck.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 21, 2010, 03:00:49 PM
And the late 90's-early '00's sell off when I discovered e-bay.

Yeah, my collection grew exponentially when I discovered eBay.  Not only did I buy the games I always wanted, combined with my competitive nature of I WILL NOT LOSE, bids were a bit crazy.  I don't like to lose, whether it's fucking Candyland or an eBay bid.

Ed Anger

My bidding style is bid once and ignore it until the auction is over.   :D

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 24, 2010, 11:13:46 AM
My bidding style is bid once and ignore it until the auction is over.   :D

Mine is too, but using the nuclear option. 
Bidding is currently at $4.  Your current bid is $145.  Is this correct? YES FUCK EVERYBODY ELSE