Started by The Brain, April 07, 2009, 12:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 14, 2010, 06:28:02 PM
Try this then:

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3772/opcoronetmap.jpg

Much better than that leather and arrow bullshit.  Medieval conflict is bad enough in Europe, in Japan it's even worse.  ZOMG WHERES MY ORIENTAL ADVENTURES HANDBOOK

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 14, 2010, 06:38:24 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 14, 2010, 06:28:02 PM
Try this then:

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3772/opcoronetmap.jpg

Much better than that leather and arrow bullshit.  Medieval conflict is bad enough in Europe, in Japan it's even worse.  ZOMG WHERES MY ORIENTAL ADVENTURES HANDBOOK

:lol:

The japs at least have their head collecting fetish. Although I don't think I've ever seen a game with that.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Anybody have GMT's Wilderness War? I have a chance to score a copy since it's OOP, wondering what people thought about it.

Habbaku

I have it and it's a fun game, but not really all that deep.  I prefer POG or TOC to it, but, then, playing WW takes all of a couple of hours.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on January 14, 2010, 11:08:33 PM
I have it and it's a fun game, but not really all that deep.  I prefer POG or TOC to it, but, then, playing WW takes all of a couple of hours.

Just looking for something 7 Years War in NA;  I'd prefer something operational, but not too many options out there.

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 14, 2010, 10:42:05 PM
Anybody have GMT's Wilderness War? I have a chance to score a copy since it's OOP, wondering what people thought about it.
I would rank it as not as good as POG or PUG, but better than FTP.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Habbaku

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 14, 2010, 11:13:16 PM

Just looking for something 7 Years War in NA;  I'd prefer something operational, but not too many options out there.

Get Clash of Monarchs, instead.  It's not NA, but it's a pretty damn fun operational game of the period.  :)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on January 14, 2010, 11:20:40 PMGet Clash of Monarchs, instead.  It's not NA, but it's a pretty damn fun operational game of the period.  :)

Yeah, I was thinking about that one, but gosh darnit, no Magua counters. LULZ TEH WHITE HAIR PWND

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on January 14, 2010, 11:20:40 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 14, 2010, 11:13:16 PM

Not really comparable though - WW is a LOT lighter. CoM is pretty "heavy", while WW is one of the simpler CDGs. I think WW is very good, myself.

Get Clash of Monarchs, instead.  It's not NA, but it's a pretty damn fun operational game of the period.  :)
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Yeah, but instead of Magua you get Frederick putting the fear of God into people whenever he pays a visit to a theatre.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Your are up in Battle for Normandy.

0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on January 14, 2010, 11:46:48 PM

You've internalized the rules to that monster already?

Berkut

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 14, 2010, 11:48:48 PM
Quote from: Berkut on January 14, 2010, 11:46:48 PM

You've internalized the rules to that monster already?

It is a monster in counter count only - rules wise it is pretty simple, actually.

0 rows returned