News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Another Languish EU3 game? Weeknights EST?

Started by Berkut, March 05, 2010, 01:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

OK, I am all set for tonight, my interview is the first on the schedule, so I should be back in plenty of time.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Kleves

Awesome. I am jonesing for some EU3, so I hope we'll be able to get in a good, long session tonight.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

DGuller

BTW, what's the official start time, 8 or 8:30?

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

I admit, I thought that, with Spain grabbing most of northern India and most of Italy, I would be doing much worse in relation.

Other screens to come eventually.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

sbr

sbr

That was fun.  I really enjoy playing this game in MP even when nothing terribly exciting happens.  The start time of this game doesn't work for me as a permanent player but feel free to ask me if you need a sub.  The Sunday game works better for me, I may see if there is an opening there.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DGuller

Quote from: Habbaku on April 08, 2010, 12:11:38 AM

I admit, I thought that, with Spain grabbing most of northern India and most of Italy, I would be doing much worse in relation.

Other screens to come eventually.
Wow, that's a lot less impressive for me than I expected.  Given the rumblings about my overexpansion, I expected to blow by Habbaku, and not squeak by.  Once you consider that my territory consists of four separate chunks, my manpower is mediocre, and my territory count is most likely much higher per same income, I'm really not sure I'm a target worth gunning for to restore balance of power (although admittedly I may be biased in my assessment).  I will of course honor my promise to Berkut of redrawing the map of India, and will entertain all expressed concerns about my growth in the spirit of maintaining existing alliances, but I'm in a somewhat less charitable mood now compared to an hour ago.

DGuller

Oh, man, I just looked at tech summary.  FML, I've fallen into a classic Spanish trap.

sbr

Quote from: DGuller on April 08, 2010, 01:29:17 AM
Oh, man, I just looked at tech summary.  FML, I've fallen into a classic Spanish trap.

Taking Portugal, Central America, South America, Italy and India is a trap?

I wish I could have been so unlucky.

Habbaku

:yes: :contract: I warned you.  I warned you all...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: sbr on April 08, 2010, 01:33:50 AM

Rich, but backwards as an African.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

Quote from: sbr on April 08, 2010, 01:33:50 AM

The trap is getting a low income/province ratio coupled with "lack of land connection" maluses.  That's a recipe for technological slide backwards, and it tends to compound on itself over time.  Getting such a large empire also requires tremendous cash burn, money that cannot be invested into stuff like manufacturies, and those are hidden gold-mines that don't appear on the income screen.

If I were playing against AI, and thus would have no human diplomacy concerns, I'd take HRE as it is right now over Spain in an instant.  Sure, nominally it has only 60% of Spain's income, but it trumps Spain it every other way, and works much better as a complete package.

DGuller

Quote from: Habbaku on April 08, 2010, 01:41:03 AM

:yes: :contract: I warned you.  I warned you all...
Look at Mr. "I'm ahead of the tech curve by 11 years" with his 30 manufacturies.