News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Another Languish EU3 game? Weeknights EST?

Started by Berkut, March 05, 2010, 01:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Kleves on April 11, 2010, 09:38:38 PM
Well, that's the last time I post my concerns about EU3, and back it up with facts.  :P
Yeah, drop the fact thing, we don't do that here.

Habbaku

I was too stunned by your attention-span reaching new heights to respond.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

So,
I am stuck working this Wed till 9pm so only person here I can think to ask to sub is sbr.
Or am I forgetting anyone else?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

sbr

I could, and would sub but for one minor problem.  My daughter will need to be picked up from school after play practice; it should be about 2 hours after the game here starts.  I could potentially have her find a ride but would feel pretty weird having someone go out of their way so I can sit at home and play a game.

I should not be gone for more than 15-20 minutes but I don't know exactly when I will need to get her.  Wednesday is their final dress rehearsal before opening on Thursday so they will have to stay until they are completely done and I wouldn't get more notice than a phone call saying 'come now.'

If there is no one else to play for kat, and we can work something out I will definitely play.  If there is someone else who can/will play then go for it.

Kleves

I am sure that we can accommodate you, if you're willing to sub.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

sbr

It looks like she will be able to find a ride from a friend so I should be good for the entire session, there is still a chacne i may need a small break if things fall through though.

katmai any guidance for me?

katmai

Quote from: sbr on April 13, 2010, 10:10:45 PM
It looks like she will be able to find a rise from a friend so I should be good for the entire session, there is still a chacne i may need a small break if things fall through though.

katmai any guidance for me?

I'll send a pm with directions.

Habbaku

Katmai's directions :

Remain passive.
Don't expand too much.
Surrender at the first sign of trouble.  :frog:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

ulmont

Ok, 2 quick questions:

1) 8:30 Eastern start time, right?
2) HPZE?

DGuller

Quote from: ulmont on April 14, 2010, 03:57:30 PM
Ok, 2 quick questions:

1) 8:30 Eastern start time, right?
2) HPZE?
Yes, that is correct.

JonasSalk

Yuman

katmai

So still working till 11pm local time (2hrs) so thanks again sbr for subbing.

Look forward to hearing what all happened this session.

Kleves

There was one quick war, which divested the Turks of Egypt, some of the Balkans, and the Crimea. The Turks then retook Alexandria, which caused another coalition to form and to threaten war. That situation was defused when the Turks ceded Alexandria and another province back to the Mamelukes.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

DGuller

Executive summary:

Ottomans got trimmed a little, losing some provinces in the Balkans, Crimea to Russians, and most of their presence in Egypt.
Great Britain continued its expansion into Asia.
Scandianavia expanded into Northern Germany.
HRE expanded into Balkans and Hungary.
France?  I don't recall what they did.
Russia got a really big font, and raped Hungary some.
Spain settled down and started pulling itself out of the mess brought on by over-expansion.