News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Another Languish EU3 game? Weeknights EST?

Started by Berkut, March 05, 2010, 01:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonasSalk

Installed game.

Installed patch 4.1_fixed into my EU3 folder.
Yuman

DGuller

Probably a stupid question, but did you install HTTT?

JonasSalk

Yeah I installed the complete edition.  I guess I need other patches first?  I dunno.
Yuman

DGuller

Quote from: JonasSalk on April 06, 2010, 02:38:55 PM
Yeah I installed the complete edition.  I guess I need other patches first?  I dunno.
If you installed EU 3 Complete, then you didn't install HTTT.  EU 3 Complete only takes you up to IN expansion, IIRC.

JonasSalk

Damn, you're right.  I need to grab that from Habbaku again.
Yuman

Berkut

The Complete edition does not include HttT.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

JonasSalk

Yuman

JonasSalk

Complete edition installed.

HTTT installed.

Where patch?  Because the game says a .dll file is missing at that point.
Yuman

DGuller

Quote from: JonasSalk on April 06, 2010, 06:41:08 PM
Complete edition installed.

HTTT installed.

Where patch?  Because the game says a .dll file is missing at that point.
It could be a Directx 9 .dll file.  Did you install Directx 9 since reinstalling Windows?

JonasSalk

Reinstalled DirectX.  Works now.  Thanks DGull.  Need the patch now, IN ORDER.
Yuman

JonasSalk

So yeah basically no matter what I do the game refuses to patch.  I keep using winrar to extract to my folder and it keeps giving me 200 some-odd error messages about this and that.  I have no idea why it isn't working this time when it worked just fine when I first did this a month ago.
Yuman

Habbaku

Did you install HTTT?  HTTT is not included in EU 3 : Complete.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

Quote from: JonasSalk on April 06, 2010, 11:09:16 PM
So yeah basically no matter what I do the game refuses to patch.  I keep using winrar to extract to my folder and it keeps giving me 200 some-odd error messages about this and that.  I have no idea why it isn't working this time when it worked just fine when I first did this a month ago.
Do you have Windows 7 or something?  If you do, try unzipping the patch into a temp folder, and then copying the files from the temp folder to the game folder.

JonasSalk

Okay thank you Dguller.  That worked instantly.

Fuck you Habbaku.
Yuman

sbr

Quote from: JonasSalk on April 06, 2010, 11:25:05 PM
Okay thank you Dguller.  That worked instantly.

Fuck you Habbaku.

I don't know if you did or not but as a general idea you shouldn't install games in the Program Files folder.  Most games still default there but the newer operating systems are very protective of that folder.