News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Another Languish EU3 game? Weeknights EST?

Started by Berkut, March 05, 2010, 01:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Quote from: sbr on April 05, 2010, 03:02:07 AM
@Ulmont-If you have any thoughts or want to discuss what the HRE does this session shoot me a message.

Will do.  I have yet to look at the save file from an HRE perspective, though, so it may be tomorrow.

DGuller

Kleves

Well Viking, if you gotta go, then arranging for your own replacement beforehand is the classy way to do it. If nothing else, you ensured that this game was always interesting.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

ulmont

Quote from: DGuller on April 05, 2010, 08:31:26 AM
You need French mission fix, I think.

The later beta patches include the French mission fix, so that should be unnecessary.

...at the very least, the damned thing shouldn't CTD.

Berkut

So viking is not playing this Wednesday? And sbr is subbing for ulmont, who is taking over for viking, who is rageq....errrh, can't play anymore because it is too late, because ulmont cannot play this Wednesday as well?

So we are still short someone to fill in for me (maybe)....right?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on April 05, 2010, 08:59:51 AM
So viking is not playing this Wednesday? And sbr is subbing for ulmont, who is taking over for viking, who is rageq....errrh, can't play anymore because it is too late, because ulmont cannot play this Wednesday as well?

I think that is correct.

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on April 05, 2010, 08:59:51 AM

Man, the palace intrigue in the European courts can get pretty complicated.  :huh:

sbr

Quote from: ulmont on April 05, 2010, 08:41:34 AM
Quote from: DGuller on April 05, 2010, 08:31:26 AM
You need French mission fix, I think.

The later beta patches include the French mission fix, so that should be unnecessary.

...at the very least, the damned thing shouldn't CTD.

I never actually unpacked the .rar files after I downloaded.  :Embarrass:  All is good now with HPZE.  I have never used Hamachi so I will still need a lesson in how that gets set-up.

DGuller

King of ironic how Ulmont fought valiantly and brilliantly against the Emperor and helped stem the vicious and uprovoked attack, only to become the Emperor in the next session.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on April 05, 2010, 11:22:01 AM
King of ironic how Ulmont fought valiantly and brilliantly against the Emperor and helped stem the vicious and uprovoked attack, only to become the Emperor in the next session.

Very European, actually.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: sbr on April 05, 2010, 11:07:24 AM
I never actually unpacked the .rar files after I downloaded.  :Embarrass:  All is good now with HPZE.  I have never used Hamachi so I will still need a lesson in how that gets set-up.

Steam invitation sent.  Just log on at some point and I'll run you through the Hamachi stuff.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

sbr

Quote from: Habbaku on April 05, 2010, 05:40:21 PM
Quote from: sbr on April 05, 2010, 11:07:24 AM

Steam invitation sent.  Just log on at some point and I'll run you through the Hamachi stuff.

Thanks for the invite. I hooked up with ulmont on Steam and he walked me through the Hamachi stuff so I think I am good.

Viking

Quote from: Kleves on April 05, 2010, 08:33:59 AM
Well Viking, if you gotta go, then arranging for your own replacement beforehand is the classy way to do it. If nothing else, you ensured that this game was always interesting.

Finding a replacement is a pre-requisite for quitting as far as I'm concerned.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

JonasSalk

Problem.  I had to reinstall Windows today.  Thus I had to also reinstall EU3.  The patch Habbaku gave me gives me errors and the game won't work with it.

wtf.
Yuman

DGuller