News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Another Languish EU3 game? Weeknights EST?

Started by Berkut, March 05, 2010, 01:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Take the healthcare discussion back to OT.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Kleves

Well, Hans, if you want Russia back, you can have it. Let me know if you want it.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Berkut

I sent him a PM as well.

For the moment, I think we should assume that Kleves is playing Russia, as Hansy still looks to be pretty hit and miss. He is certainly welcome to drop in when he can make it and pick up pretty much any country he likes to play.

Actually, that pretty much goes for nearly anyone who would like to get their feet wet playing EU3 MP. The nice thing is that you can always just play a country for a session if you want to give it a try. Can't guarantee the country won't be a mess of course, but hey, it is probably still a lot of fun.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Kleves

If we don't hear from Hans in the next few hours, I am going to assume that I will be playing Russia. It is important that we work this out fairly quickly, since I will have to get off work early tomorrow if I am going to make the start of the game (which isn't a problem, unless it turns out I'm not playing).
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Kleves

Well, I've asked for the time off, so hopefully there will be somewhere for me to play.

Hansmeister

I'll be playing tomorrow, but I'm flexible as to which country if Kleves got too attached.

Habbaku

The decision of who's playing what, I will leave between Hans and Kleves to sort out.  I will, however, note that the following countries are eminently playable, should we end up having to switch someone around :

Portugal :  They are reduced, to be sure, but they still have colonies--albeit in revolt--and their situation is not irrecoverable, provided they make friends with Spain for at least the next session.  They will, however, be spending some time recovering.

Hungary : Respectably sized and with a sizable economy, but also sandwiched in between two far-stronger powers.  They are, however, currently allied with France, which could shield them from the worst.

Venice : Reduced, as Portugal, but with room to expand into the Italian states that haven't been grabbed up and they still have plenty of cash on hand--not to mention that neither Austria nor the Turks are content with the other gobbling them up at the moment, so they'd be safe.

Urbino : Another Italian state, albeit one with only two provinces.  They are, however, well-positioned to expand and declare the Kingdom of Italy, allowing them quite a bit of room for growth, especially if allied with France or Austria.

Khorasan : Easily the most powerful Muslim state, aside from the Turks.  They are rich, strong and well-positioned to form the Mughal Empire after but a few Holy Wars with the Hindus that currently own the necessary provinces.  If those provinces are taken, this could easily become a force to reckon with, especially since the Mughals get plenty of Indian cores--something that will get them in conflict with Europe in a matter of years when the colonials start to pour that way.

Viyanangar : A reasonably-strong and unified India state, currently holding all of the southern part of the sub-continent and relatively well-positioned to expand, once they stabilize.  Of course, they are in the Indian tech group, which is rough at the best of times, but they can get a border with Muslims and bring themselves up.

Brandenburg : Probably the least playable of the group, since they're Austria's vassal at the moment, but if they break free of that, then they could definitely expand to form Prussia, which could transition to a force to be reckoned with in the 1600s, once they get their military reforms.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

What kind of moron allied with Hungary? Oh me that's who.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Oh habbu, does that list who alci if so inclined to pop in for one session can play?
Of course his selection would have to be after whomever doesn't play Russia

Habbaku

Quote from: katmai on March 23, 2010, 10:39:37 PM
Oh habbu, does that list who alci if so inclined to pop in for one session can play?
Of course his selection would have to be after whomever doesn't play Russia

Nah, I forgot to take that into account.  If Alci plays and neither Kleves nor Hans want to play them, I really encourage him to play Khorasan.  A Persian-power-turned-Mughal Empire would be incredibly amusing to watch...and given that they're probably soon to border me, they can easily westernize should the opportunity and monarch present themselves.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on March 23, 2010, 10:25:51 PM
The decision of who's playing what, I will leave between Hans and Kleves to sort out.  I will, however, note that the following countries are eminently playable, should we end up having to switch someone around :

Portugal :  They are reduced, to be sure, but they still have colonies--albeit in revolt--and their situation is not irrecoverable, provided they make friends with Spain for at least the next session.  They will, however, be spending some time recovering.

England took their colonies and Castille took their provinces. Don't.

Hungary : Respectably sized and with a sizable economy, but also sandwiched in between two far-stronger powers.  They are, however, currently allied with France, which could shield them from the worst.

France WTF? I just Guaranteed them. Hungary has taken bits from Poland.

Venice : Reduced, as Portugal, but with room to expand into the Italian states that haven't been grabbed up and they still have plenty of cash on hand--not to mention that neither Austria nor the Turks are content with the other gobbling them up at the moment, so they'd be safe.

Venice, Istria, Croatia and Corfu. That is Venice.

Urbino : Another Italian state, albeit one with only two provinces.  They are, however, well-positioned to expand and declare the Kingdom of Italy, allowing them quite a bit of room for growth, especially if allied with France or Austria.

OPM.

Khorasan : Easily the most powerful Muslim state, aside from the Turks.  They are rich, strong and well-positioned to form the Mughal Empire after but a few Holy Wars with the Hindus that currently own the necessary provinces.  If those provinces are taken, this could easily become a force to reckon with, especially since the Mughals get plenty of Indian cores--something that will get them in conflict with Europe in a matter of years when the colonials start to pour that way.
At war with the Ottomans right now. Controls most of Persia. This one might work.

Viyanangar : A reasonably-strong and unified India state, currently holding all of the southern part of the sub-continent and relatively well-positioned to expand, once they stabilize.  Of course, they are in the Indian tech group, which is rough at the best of times, but they can get a border with Muslims and bring themselves up.

Agreed.

Brandenburg : Probably the least playable of the group, since they're Austria's vassal at the moment, but if they break free of that, then they could definitely expand to form Prussia, which could transition to a force to be reckoned with in the 1600s, once they get their military reforms.

3PM, Austrian Vassal. If you take Brandenburg vassaldom or death are your only two offers. Any slacking in wars means death.

Other possibilities include Denmark, Lithuania, Al-Djazir, Ming and Japan.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

Quote from: Viking on March 24, 2010, 12:32:30 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on March 23, 2010, 10:25:51 PM

OPM.

You can't count.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Habbaku

As if Austria's guarantee on them actually means anything.

Khorasan, while at war with me, doesn't currently have a border with me and peace will ensue as soon as Oman is dealt with.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on March 24, 2010, 12:43:59 AM
As if Austria's guarantee on them actually means anything.

Khorasan, while at war with me, doesn't currently have a border with me and peace will ensue as soon as Oman is dealt with.

Come and find out.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.