News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Another Languish EU3 game? Weeknights EST?

Started by Berkut, March 05, 2010, 01:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

I have the NI and I have lots, usually between 80 and 100.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

The PA NI is typically seen as somewhat weak, but seeing viking with his 3 5 star advisers at all times makes me wonder if that is really the case.

Whatever it actually says is the effect, it seems like the real effect is:

"You get your choice of any 4/5 star adviser anytime you like".
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on March 18, 2010, 10:35:08 AM
The PA NI is typically seen as somewhat weak, but seeing viking with his 3 5 star advisers at all times makes me wonder if that is really the case.

"You get your choice of any 5/6 star adviser anytime you like".

There, fixed your post for you.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Agelastus

Or even 6 star.

Moreover, once you can build roads, it does not take long for a large nation to start being able to use magistrates to create culture, or is that broken to in the latest patch?
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

sbr

Quote from: Agelastus on March 18, 2010, 10:53:54 AM

Or even 6 star.

Moreover, once you can build roads, it does not take long for a large nation to start being able to use magistrates to create culture, or is that broken to in the latest patch?

No that works, it take a while though.

Viking

Quote from: Agelastus on March 18, 2010, 10:53:54 AM

Or even 6 star.

I'm earning 2.5 per year and I have no hope in hell keeping up with my provincial decisions. 1 for provincial court, 2 for land reform, 2 for festivals, 2 for enclosures ect. Basically for a large empire ALL magistrates will go to provincial decisions, unless you choose to find spend 10 magistrates and 50 prestige or 20 magistrates on getting a 5* great man.

Better to buy 3 Fine arts academies and ditch the idea... oh, yes, that is just what I am about to do. 

Berkut

How do magistrates create culture, even with roads?

0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on March 18, 2010, 11:09:11 AM

There are cultural decisions that give you 5% culture for one magistrate or 10% for one magistrate and 5% prestige.

DGuller

Quote from: Viking on March 18, 2010, 10:25:15 AM
I have the NI and I have lots, usually between 80 and 100.
You also have a HRE bonus from one of the early reforms, which IIRC is pretty substantial.

Agelastus

Roads produce magistrates, magistrates can be spent on cultural goals, such as paintings that provide culture.

And who the hell creates provincial festivals anyway? They are a complete negative since you do not need the additional revolt risk reduction. Past about 1650-1700 at the absolute latest, a large Empire should have magistrates to burn, and it sometimes makes sense to use them for culture even earlier.

"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Viking

Quote from: Agelastus on March 18, 2010, 11:17:51 AM

Roads produce magistrates, magistrates can be spent on cultural goals, such as paintings that provide culture.

And who the hell creates provincial festivals anyway? They are a complete negative since you do not need the additional revolt risk reduction. Past about 1650-1700 at the absolute latest, a large Empire should have magistrates to burn, and it sometimes makes sense to use them for culture even earlier.

-6% RR permits alot more WE.

Habbaku

I think it's only considered weak because placed merchants used to give culture bonuses.  Now that that's no longer the case (per the most recent beta patch), the idea is great to have in the early game, before fine arts academies are buildable.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

Hmm, so after all his whining and bellyaching, it turns out that Berkut's supposedly feeble England has more income than Castille.

Habbaku

Quote from: DGuller on March 18, 2010, 11:43:19 AM
Hmm, so after all his whining and bellyaching, it turns out that Berkut's supposedly feeble England has more income than Castille.

Not for lack of trying to accomplish the opposite...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on March 18, 2010, 11:43:19 AM

Most of my success was due to hanging onto your coattails in that war against Portugal. That was sweet - you have my thanks. Siezed a colony, took two more provinces in the peace, couple hundred gold, and more importantly, the Portugese North American empire is a shambles now.

0 rows returned